Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fun Activity/Snack With The Kiddos!! Mini Donuts
SilverSabre25 08:07 PM 12-29-2010
So tonight I was at the grocery store (Kroger) and in browsing the rest of the seasonal stuff, I noticed that they had this little donut maker (makes 6 mini donuts, The Perfect Mini Donut Maker) on sale for 50% off, making it a mere $12. I decided to go ahead and get it since a) I can't have gluten and GF donuts are expensive and b) it looked like fun.

OMG, I'm making donuts right now and they're really tasty! Easy to mix, easy to cook, easy to clean up. Since they are basically baked, NOT fried, I can't see where they're any worse than a muffin or a few graham crackers. They are the perfect little mini size for kids.

So, if you see one of these on sale, I would totally pick one up! I can see having a LOT of fun with this--different recipes, glazes, etc. If anyone gets one, let me know, and I can share the tips I have figured out to make them easier.
Little People 03:22 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
So tonight I was at the grocery store (Kroger) and in browsing the rest of the seasonal stuff, I noticed that they had this little donut maker (makes 6 mini donuts, The Perfect Mini Donut Maker) on sale for 50% off, making it a mere $12. I decided to go ahead and get it since a) I can't have gluten and GF donuts are expensive and b) it looked like fun.

OMG, I'm making donuts right now and they're really tasty! Easy to mix, easy to cook, easy to clean up. Since they are basically baked, NOT fried, I can't see where they're any worse than a muffin or a few graham crackers. They are the perfect little mini size for kids.

So, if you see one of these on sale, I would totally pick one up! I can see having a LOT of fun with this--different recipes, glazes, etc. If anyone gets one, let me know, and I can share the tips I have figured out to make them easier.

This looks like it could be fun with my age group. I am going to look at our Kroger this weekend.
countrymom 04:09 AM 12-30-2010
I bought a cake pan that you put in the oven (mini dounuts) and the kids loved it too, I do need to good recipies because the one I used said to use one tsp of coffee and it was a bit strong but still good (choco donuts)
Lilbutterflie 05:27 AM 12-30-2010
Wow! Sounds yummy!
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 12-30-2010
Oooooh!! I sooooo want one of those but I know if I get one I will be on the 'vent thread' all the time complaining about how I can't post any good news on the 'lose weight with me thread'!!! I'm out. (But, I REALLY love donuts!) Okay, I'm in....No, wait, I'm out.....Makes dounuts that quick huh? Okay I'm in........No, I HAVE to have some self control this New Year so I am out. .....

But maybe you could post some pictures of the donuts when you make them?!?!?! That might help.....
SilverSabre25 07:35 AM 12-30-2010
Makes 'em in less than 5 minutes. They're really cute and small--only 1.5 or 2 inches in diameter. I made some last night but didn't think to take pictures. I'm making them again this weekend for NYD and I"ll post pics then.
E Daycare 10:11 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

Im gonna have to hit up the marketplace too! The little kroger down the road from me hardly has two types of apples. I doubt theyd have this.
Tags:donuts, snacks
Reply Up