Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Require Families To Commit For A Time Period?
choirlady76 04:37 PM 01-11-2015
Do you owners require your families to commit to a certain time period? Say 6mos. A year etc.? I've seen in my career at commercial centers/schools where families come for a few weeks and are gone, sometimes they return and sometimes not. Thanks all!
Heidi 04:49 PM 01-11-2015
I'd like to, but it's not very realistic. Honestly, asking a lot of questions helps, but people always do what's best for their own family in the long run, and their daycare rarely factors into the equation.

Some of my very best families meant to stay with me for many years, but life happens. Job changes, moving, more babies, family changes, etc.

So, the most I can do is screen well to avoid daycare hoppers, and require a 2-week deposit as well as payment in advance. Those willing to meet that criteria are less likely to leave suddenly, but there are never any guarantees.

On a side note, I rarely keep kids much past 3. Mostly because of the size of my house and just the dynamics here in my area; they usually move on, which is fine, really. By then, they are sometimes outgrowing naps or expecting a formal curriculum, neither of which I'm a fan of.
KidGrind 04:52 PM 01-11-2015
Nope.

I want parents to use my services because this is the daycare they would like their kids to be.

I also realize sometimes I am the second choice and they’re on the waiting list somewhere else.

The minute they don’t want to be here is the minute I want them to hand me a two weeks notice. They can go their way; I can keep my business flourishing with happy clients and little people.
Controlled Chaos 07:33 PM 01-11-2015
Impossible. Just not realistic .
Unregistered 02:27 AM 01-12-2015
Not realistic and I wouldn't use a service that required me to commit to a certian time period over 4 weeks. Life circumstances change. I could have to change jobs, move, a marriage break up, anything.
Reply Up