Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Forgot To Mention...
Shell 09:31 AM 09-10-2013
She gave dcg an extra dose of miralax this morning! I called to see what could be going on, and that's when dcm mentioned she was a little backed up the past few days. I've never seen so much from one child ever-hopefully the worst is over
blandino 09:34 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
She gave dcg an extra dose of miralax this morning! I called to see what could be going on, and that's when dcm mentioned she was a little backed up the past few days. I've never seen so much from one child ever-hopefully the worst is over

Nice, how she did it in the morning instead of yesterday or today in the early evening.
Shell 09:59 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
Nice, how she did it in the morning instead of yesterday or today in the early evening.
Right?! And, dcg only comes 2x's a week -great timing for me to have to deal with it
Cat Herder 10:10 AM 09-10-2013
Maybe you could forget to inform Mom you gave her a mountain dew, chili dog and chocolate covered raisins right before going home time???
Shell 10:18 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Maybe you could forget to inform Mom you gave her a mountain dew, chili dog and chocolate covered raisins right before going home time???

BumbleBee 10:19 AM 09-10-2013
We need a "like" button!
daycarediva 10:21 AM 09-10-2013
and a full bag of cotton candy.

In all seriousness, I would send home if it's a diapered child.
Angelsj 12:07 PM 09-10-2013

You know, if you aren't going to warn us about these kind of posts, we at least need a "drink spit, ruin the keyboard" smilie!!
littlemissmuffet 12:53 PM 09-10-2013
Rude. I'd have sent the child home and said "next time, ensure that the dose is given on your time, not mine".

I don't care why a child has diarhea... they aren't staying at my house!
e.j. 03:53 PM 09-10-2013
On Monday mornings, I usually get, "He/she was constipated all weekend so I gave her some extra prunes this morning." Yeah....thanks.
MBF 04:11 PM 09-10-2013
I've had this as well, DCG held it all week, they would dose thurs. night, so I would get an explosion on Friday! Had to put a stop to it, can't bath one child while trying to look after the other 4!
Cradle2crayons 04:38 PM 09-10-2013
I've rarely had a child that need laxatives but it wouldn't happen more than once. I'd call for an immediate pick up and the parents would get the point.
Shell 05:21 PM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I've rarely had a child that need laxatives but it wouldn't happen more than once. I'd call for an immediate pick up and the parents would get the point.

momofboys 04:50 AM 09-11-2013
How did things work out?? Today dcd drops off dcg.quickly stating she is "cranky" b/cup half the night with belly issues fron miralax. dcg does seem grumpy - but i am more worried about explosive poop ruining my carpet. ughhhh
countrymom 05:42 AM 09-11-2013
do you guys ever wonder the reason alot of kids are constipated because all they eat is junk. I too had a kid who would hold it and when he went he would clog my toilet. When I found out what he ate, it made sense why he was so constipated. Also, instead of feeding them full of laxatives, they do sell gummies that are fiber ones. Its a shame that now kids have poop problems at such a young age.
Memc2001 12:58 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
LOL, make sure you RETURN the favor some time. I had this happen on Monday. Never seen so much crap. Bleck! When Grandma picked him up she commented and said," oh, they didn't give you the head's up? I gave him lots of prunes last night. He didn't go ALL weekend." Gross.
momofboys 04:22 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Memc2001:
LOL, make sure you RETURN the favor some time. I had this happen on Monday. Never seen so much crap. Bleck! When Grandma picked him up she commented and said," oh, they didn't give you the head's up? I gave him lots of prunes last night. He didn't go ALL weekend." Gross.
Well guess what happened today at naptime???? DCC had a HUGE BM. And of course it is important to note the only reason it didn't make a complete mess was that I had put a diaper on said child (that I supplied). I mentioned to DCM at pick-up that if child is on this medicine she needs to supply pull-ups or diapers for naptime. she seemed to think it wasn't a big deal if her child poops at nap (child wears underwear). I explained I didn't want to have poop get on their expensive cot that they bought to which she said - "Oh that is okay" My point was I don't want to clean it up off the carpet if it gets there or clean the child up, etc. I think she sort of got it then but her concern was more of a "I don't even have pull-ups or diapers at home" Well, I guess you will be buying some tonight!
Shell 04:38 PM 09-11-2013
Love these stories, and glad I'm not alone

So, to follow up on yesterday- the dcg that was given the laxative finally stopped going, mom sent me an email apologizing, and I sat to relax and enjoy the quiet of nap time.

Well, I should have known something was up when another dcg who usually needs a lot of reminders to be quiet at rest time was awfully quiet. She finally screams my name, and I went running over thinking something horrible had happened. She gives me the most devilish smile, cocks her head to the side, and says, "Mrs. Michelle- I pooped" (in her underwear)

When dh came home from work, I had every window open, Mr. Clean with Febreeze in all the sinks. I felt like I was covered in you know what and needed therapy after yesterday
blandino 04:54 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Well guess what happened today at naptime???? DCC had a HUGE BM. And of course it is important to note the only reason it didn't make a complete mess was that I had put a diaper on said child (that I supplied). I mentioned to DCM at pick-up that if child is on this medicine she needs to supply pull-ups or diapers for naptime. she seemed to think it wasn't a big deal if her child poops at nap (child wears underwear). I explained I didn't want to have poop get on their expensive cot that they bought to which she said - "Oh that is okay" My point was I don't want to clean it up off the carpet if it gets there or clean the child up, etc. I think she sort of got it then but her concern was more of a "I don't even have pull-ups or diapers at home" Well, I guess you will be buying some tonight!
I guess she would rather you buy a new cot than her have to buy a pack of pull-ups.

I will never forget one time I had a DCM whose son was having digestive issues and loose BMs (not diarrhea), and one leaked out of the diaper. She said "ohhhh poor little guy" and at this point we were so riled up about her in general that I said "oh poor miss B, I get to spend my night cleaning carpets". And she said "don't you have a carpet shampooer ?".

Yes I do, but would rather not spend an evening doing that.
momofboys 10:04 AM 09-12-2013
I guess she would rather you buy a new cot than her have to buy a pack of pull-ups.

I will never forget one time I had a DCM whose son was having digestive issues and loose BMs (not diarrhea), and one leaked out of the diaper. She said "ohhhh poor little guy" and at this point we were so riled up about her in general that I said "oh poor miss B, I get to spend my night cleaning carpets". And she said "don't you have a carpet shampooer ?".

Yes I do, but would rather not spend an evening doing that.
Well duh, you love to clean carpets, right????! What a fun night! Unfortunately, DCM did not bring a diaper or a pull-up She sent a pair of plastic pants - Grrrrrr - yes, & that will help with the poop when it it stuck in your son's underwear. If he poops again at nap the underwear are NOT getting touched by me at all. I am more mad at the fact that she disrespected what I asked her to do - as if it was just a suggestion to bring pull-ups. I am not sure if I will be addressing it or not.
Leigh 02:18 PM 09-12-2013
I would address it. I would tell mom that while plastic pants work well for her at home, you simply do not have the time to deal with the mess, and that you MUST have diapers for tomorrow. Tell her that you INSIST that the child have diapers tomorrow.
Tags:bowel movement, miralax
Reply Up