Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Miralax
hope 08:43 AM 03-19-2015
What are your thoughts on kids taking this while attending daycare? I know the topic has come up before on here. I have a dcg that has taken it in the past and I told myself I would never go through that again. Now it looks like the same dcg may start taking it again and I want to be prepared with telling the parents that I am not willing to deal with that again.
Dcg will not go potty for anyone but her mother. She spent the summer at home and held it all in when she was here and would only go potty once dcm picked up. I worked hard with her to get her to use the potty at my home and was successful. During that time though she developed multiple infections and had a blockage due to holding her urine and bms. After a hospital visit to have the blockage remedied Dcm gave her Miralax (said doctors orders) to force her to have a bm so she couldn't hold it in and i dealt with putting her on the potty non stop and accidents. Well, now dcg is going to preschool 2 days a week and holding it all day there. Dcm is considering Miralax again. I worked too hard to fix the issue dcm created. I really don't care if she has a doctors note or not. I believe dcg should be taught and reassured. I also believe many potty issues can be fixed with dietary adjustments that will result with less mess. I also don't see this as a medical issue. Its more of an emotional and behavioral one. Do I explain all this so she doesn't even consider using it or just send home for lose stools every day. Every issue with this dcm gets drawn out and drains me. I want to be proactive about this.
Tags:constipation, medication - policy, miralax
Up