Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Needing Assistance Bringing Child to DC with Me
Unregistered 08:03 PM 04-23-2015
I am begging anyone for any sort of advice on how to bring my daughter to daycare with me every day and not have such huge problems. I am the center director and she is a toddler I also work in the toddler room full time it seems like we are clashing all of the time and she is rebelling and acting out it is making my day miserable and hers I go home in tears. One option would be to send her to another daycare but it breaks my heart since I am the owner of one and I want her to stay with me I need help and I don't know what to do
npariseau 08:30 PM 04-23-2015
I'm asking advice from anyone who brings their child with them to work. My daughter is two years old I own and operate a childcare center. She is with me every day and lately is been a huge problem she throws fits and causes problems and I don't know how to handle anymore I have run out of solutions I feel like she needs to go to another childcare provider and that makes me feel awful, does anybody have any advice on how to balance things? I need to be in the toddler room how can I coexist
sahm1225 09:10 PM 04-23-2015
Could you have her be in a different room with another teacher?
npariseau 03:50 AM 04-24-2015
The only other room would be preschool. She is not potty trained yet and I'm afraid that would be too much for my preschool teacher. I think this is so hard I don't want to make this more difficult for my staff either I don't know what to do or how to handle it I feel so sad. Is it something I am doing to trigger her? Should it be ignored when she acts out?
Martha Stewart 06:18 AM 04-24-2015
I would move out of the toddler room into the preschool room.
NightOwl 06:30 AM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by Martha Stewart:
I would move out of the toddler room into the preschool room.
This. Kids behave much worse for their parents than other people. I've been in your shoes 4 different times and it sucked every single time. It caused me so much stress that I considered quitting my own center. I totally understand. You really need to get out of that room.
sahm1225 09:51 AM 04-24-2015
Could you switch to the preschool room and keep her in the toddler room with another teacher?
AmyKidsCo 01:35 PM 04-24-2015
ITA, try to get into a separate classroom. And if you're able, try having lunch just the two of you once a week or so, so she knows that she's special to you even though you spend your day with other children.
Thriftylady 01:50 PM 04-24-2015
When my DD was 2 I was doing home daycare at the time and it was awful. She is 16 now, and DH and I both say if we had it all to do again, she would have went to daycare somewhere else. I think it tends to be a jealousy thing. You are HER mommy, she doesn't want to share you. I agree with trying to switch teachers.
racemom 02:55 PM 04-24-2015
None of our teachers can work with their own child. It is to hard on both of them. We switch up teachers as needed to prevent it from happening. It doesn't reflect on you or her at all, it is just too much for most children to see Mommy interact with someone else.
pandamom 09:26 AM 04-25-2015
I work in a center too. I agree with moving her to a different room. Our center actually has a policy about not letting parents work in a room witty their children. It's just too disruptive and there is no issue with perceived favoritism.
Reply Up