Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terminating Child Care Help
cpajarillio 09:47 AM 09-08-2017
i have a problem child that is hurting / screaming / spitting and kicking me and my assistant when basically if we have to put him to time out and started talking back at us and pushing other kids i have videos and pics coz the mom told me it was just my words and he doesnt know why her child is acting like that so when i showed her the video she smacks her child in front of me yell at the child and i have to put other kids in the other room and i told her she cant do that in front of me and then she told me i can do it to her son too if needed and i said sorry this is not how i ran my day care i gave her probation and she cried in front of me and ask if it can be warning i told her that
the phone calls are warning of her sons misbehavior the she rolled her eyes and she was mad at me when i ask her to pick up her child after tipping over all of the dinning chairs after learning time just because he didnt want to participate and he feels that we didnt need to do it too
Pestle 09:51 AM 09-08-2017
No explanation needed beyond "Due to ongoing disciplinary issues and parental behavior, your contract with [day care] is terminated immediately." If you go beyond that, you're inviting an argument. No negotiation.

Tell her in the written notice when she'll be able to pick up her child's belongings.

Tell her in the written notice how you'll be refunding her deposit and the remainder of the care she's paid for, if applicable.

And that's it.
Blackcat31 09:52 AM 09-08-2017
Originally Posted by cpajarillio:
i have a problem child that is hurting / screaming / spitting and kicking me and my assistant when basically if we have to put him to time out and started talking back at us and pushing other kids i have videos and pics coz the mom told me it was just my words and he doesnt know why her child is acting like that so when i showed her the video she smacks her child in front of me yell at the child and i have to put other kids in the other room and i told her she cant do that in front of me and then she told me i can do it to her son too if needed and i said sorry this is not how i ran my day care i gave her probation and she cried in front of me and ask if it can be warning i told her that
the phone calls are warning of her sons misbehavior the she rolled her eyes and she was mad at me when i ask her to pick up her child after tipping over all of the dinning chairs after learning time just because he didnt want to participate and he feels that we didnt need to do it too
I would terminate this family immediately.

Are you needing help with wording to say to the family or with writing a letter?

I would not provide one single additional hour of care to a child this aggressive. I don't care what or how the parent disciplines...it's clearly not working.

I am sorry you are dealing with this.
daycarediva 11:05 AM 09-08-2017
I would be terming. The PARENT is out of control.

Dcm,

This letter serves as notice of the disallusion of our child care contract effective immediately due to parent and provider differences. Today will be/was Jr's last day.

Sincerely,
done with your craziness

You as a provider CANNOT TOP slapping a child. She treats him terribly, and I would never allow her back into my program. I would be called CPS as well.
cpajarillio 01:38 PM 09-08-2017
will i get in trouble if i dont give 2 weeks notice this will be my first time dealing with this kind of probelm and i dont want to make mistakes i do have a 2 weeks probation period that the mother sign in my contract and yesterday was considered his 2 weeks in here
the kid took off his seatbelt while i was driving luckily i heard the cicking of the seat belt
she left my house wednesday and the kid have a scratch on her face when she hit him unfortunately i forgot to take pics because i was just stunned on her doing it on my house other kids see it too and i have to make them go in the room
cpajarillio 01:45 PM 09-08-2017
Dear DCM

Unfortunately due to an ongoing disciplinary issue with Little Johnny that I have heard and watch on
the Video I am terminating our contract as of today 09/08/2017 without any further notice . Kentrell
have shown a very aggressive behavior towards my assistants and other kids in the day care.

Grounds for Termination :
• Aggressive behavior towards my assistants and other kids in the day care.

• Taking out seatbelt while vehicle is on the move . ( Luckily my mom heard the seatbelt clicking)

• Constant kicking, hitting , spitting and screaming at the day care .

• Using

Verbal Warning - my assistant has been in contact with you on a daily basis about his behavior.
Probation Warning – was given on 09/01/2017 although you requested for it to be a warning it is still
a secondary warning.
Blackcat31 02:13 PM 09-08-2017
No you cannot get in trouble for immediately terminating an aggressive child. Part of your job is to provide a safe, secure environment for ALL children and staff.

This child is a risk to others.

Termination should be immediate.

Contact your licensor as well just as a head's up so they know what is going on before the parent gets mad and makes up something to report you for.
grandmom 03:04 PM 09-08-2017
Original Poster,

I'd cut the length of the letter in half at least. the less said the better at this point.

Also, edit your post to get the mom and child's name off. It could be used against you by the mom if she sees it.

Term immediately.
Tags:aggressive behavior, parents - don't cooperate, term letter help, termination - behavioral, termination letter
Reply Up