Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Used Time Tracker?
jojosmommy 12:03 PM 08-17-2011
Anyone used this time tracker?

http://www.especialneeds.com/time-tr...mer-clock.html

I want to use it for my own son at nap time. He goes to sleep pleasantly but only sleeps 1/2 the time the other kids do at best. He is always wanting to get up and I need the time to get other babies to sleep or do household things. He wants to watch tv (?noclue why since thats not allowed?) or play which doesn't work b/c other kids are sleeping and then they all wake up too. He has books in his room but lets face it he knows mom doesnt enforce the same rules for him b/c he lives here.

I thought about putting it in his room and setting it for a specific amount of time slowly building up to a longer "rest time". It lights up so he would be able to tell visually if rest time was over.

I have a baby coming in October and need him to rest/sleep longer than he is currently for sanity sake really. My husband even commented that he is very inconsistent in nap time length on the weekends.
Cat Herder 12:47 PM 08-17-2011
Walmart has kitchen timers for under $5 that time up to 60 minutes.

I use those for alot of things here.
jojosmommy 07:00 AM 08-19-2011
Thanks, I did end up buying one at the local school supply place and am going to break it in over the weekend. He is really excited to use it. It was 20.99 but with a coupon I had it came to 14 something. Worth it I hope.
Cat Herder 07:09 AM 08-19-2011
I think you will like it.

I used one this morning to remind 14 yo DD how long a human actually needs to be in the shower singing.

I used the other to remind my 12 yo DS when I expect him dressed, teeth brushed, bookbag in hand and sitting upright at the breakfast table.

Ahhhh..back to school.
sharlan 09:08 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I think you will like it.

I used one this morning to remind 14 yo DD how long a human actually needs to be in the shower singing.
I used the other to remind my 12 yo DS when I expect him dressed, teeth brushed, bookbag in hand and sitting upright at the breakfast table.

Ahhhh..back to school.
45 minutes, right???????
MG&Lsmom 10:45 AM 08-19-2011
I need one of these. For 5 yo DD who will most likely be missing the bus to kindy every other day for the first month or year due to wardrobe imperfections, pokey breakfast eating, and general unhappiness at being awoken 12 hours after going to bed. A preteen in preschooler clothing!
Cat Herder 12:35 PM 08-19-2011
I use it for me, too....

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in an article, book or playroom project and forget naptime should be coming to a close..

Ah, how I love sprinkler days where I have to actually wake them up...
Tags:nap length, sleep time, time tracker
Reply Up