Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCG's Last Day :(
MG&Lsmom 10:08 AM 08-19-2011
So today is the official end of my last family's care. DCD hasn't been able to find another job and they're taking a 'break'. As of 4:30 I'm unemployed. DCM sent me a fabulous text thanking me and all sorts of nice stuff. Hopefully the 'break' won't last long or be permanent. I'm going to miss her and her fabulous smile. We spent the morning at the zoo, made her favorite lunch, and after nap we're heading out for ice cream.
laundrymom 10:11 AM 08-19-2011
I'm so sorry,... I know it's hard saying goodbye, especially when it's not really goodbye. I wish them luck in finding something, and more families for you. ((()))
Zoe 10:34 AM 08-19-2011
Oh man. That's hard, I'm sorry. What are you going to do during this time?
MG&Lsmom 10:40 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Oh man. That's hard, I'm sorry. What are you going to do during this time?
My husband runs a country club pool and I'll be lifeguarding for him a few days over the next 2 weeks. He needed help since most of his staff went back to school. And I'll try to do a lot with my own kids before they start school again on the 30th. Other than that, I have plastered the surrounding area with flyers, set up a huge display at a consignment sale and I'm advertising in all the papers & CL. I need to have 2 full time kiddos by the middle of Sept or I'm off to find an office job.
Zoe 10:42 AM 08-19-2011
Well good luck. I hope you get those 2 spots filled soon.
Sugar Magnolia 10:46 AM 08-19-2011
I feel your pain. A girl who has been with me almost 4 years is off to Kindy. I am so sad. We are also having an ice cream party, then off she goes at 430....sigh
I hope you get new clients...best of luck. Sending you hugs for your little girl.
rbmom 11:15 AM 08-19-2011
Thats a tough time! Like you said hopefully it will not be long term.
MG&Lsmom 02:32 PM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I feel your pain. A girl who has been with me almost 4 years is off to Kindy. I am so sad. We are also having an ice cream party, then off she goes at 430....sigh
I hope you get new clients...best of luck. Sending you hugs for your little girl.
Right back at you!

DCM didn't want me to say anything about goodbye or missing her. They didn't tell her anything yet. It was so hard not to give her extra hugs goodbye. DCD has been doing pick ups, but DCM insisted on coming so she could see me and talk. They really are great parents.
Crazy8 02:39 PM 08-19-2011
awwww... hope you get some new kids soon!! Back in May/June I really thought I may be looking for an outside job too - I only had 2 kids scheduled to come back in September. Fortunately I signed one new baby and one preschooler so I can breathe again until next June. Hope the same happens for you!!
Tags:goodbye - sad, last day, saying goodbye
Reply Up