Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Almost Two Year Old Son Is My Naughtiest Kid!
REWALKER04 10:34 AM 02-02-2012
My son will be two in april and is very smart and active for his age. He walked and talked early. He is like a three year old, but he is so active and naughty. Somedays I think how did my center ever stand my child he is so naughty lol! I love being home and doing daycare but somedays he makes me crazy lol! How do you disclipline him and make him stop. I cant even put him in his crib or pack and play to discipline him for a short time out because he can climb out. He throws everything, hits and does not listen. I am trying time out which I have to stand by him the whole time anymore suggestions.

I have to say my daughte was an angel compared to him at his age! So I dont think its just me! suggestions please!
Heidi 10:55 AM 02-02-2012
Oh your own son! Yeah, I like that, because you can up the ante without "breaking the rules" lol

If he climbs out of the playpen, he goes to his room (or another room you choose). If he comes out of his room, you lock the door, or whatever you need to do to make him understand YOU ARE IN CHARGE.

Maybe you wouldn't be comfortable with that, and I am sure there are people reading this going But, I don't think you are doing a child any favors when they think that they running the show!

Diane Levy (aka "super granny) says it in a much kinder way than I do:

http://www.kiwifamilies.co.nz/Topics...u-re-Told.html
Tags:bad behavior, provider - own child, provider children, terrible 2's
Reply Up