Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ad!
bice99 11:56 PM 02-10-2012
22 year old wet nursing nanny available Mon-Friday with 5+ years of nannying experience, and NOW! - WITH THE BENEFIT OF BREASTMILK! Also nursing my 4 month old son and would be bringing him along. Email for details and contact info.

Scary
MommyofThree 05:46 AM 02-11-2012
Ewwwww is she implying that she has breast milk to nurse another baby
saved4always 05:54 AM 02-11-2012
That is just disgusting in so many ways!!!!

I breast fed my youngest but there is NO WAY I would have had anyone else's milk touch her mouth. I get a little sqeamish when I have to give a bottle of expressed milk to one of my daycare babies. Just seems like I am handling a bodily fluid.
beachgrl 06:59 AM 02-11-2012
omg...just gross for real
Heidi 07:11 AM 02-11-2012
we think of it as gross (I agree), but it was common practice not that long ago in history.

Before formula, if a mother could not breastfeed a child (mother died, she was too hoity-toity to be bothered, or had no milk), another woman would do it for her (slaves were often used for this "job")

It is pretty wierd, for sure! Breast milk may very well be "best". But would SOMONE else's breast milk be better than formula?
KEG123 07:20 AM 02-11-2012
Well, I'm not sure about someone else nursing my baby, but I don't think I'd have a problem with her pumping and giving my baby milk. Especially if she was a trustworthy person, but how can you know without knowing her.

I mean, people get expressed milk from milk banks ALL the time, you just don't hear about it because of "taboo-ness" of it.
Heidi 07:25 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Well, I'm not sure about someone else nursing my baby, but I don't think I'd have a problem with her pumping and giving my baby milk. Especially if she was a trustworthy person, but how can you know without knowing her.

I mean, people get expressed milk from milk banks ALL the time, you just don't hear about it because of "taboo-ness" of it.
Come to think of it, we all drink expressed milk every day. It's just expressed from a COW! Most of us don't think of that as gross.

Please don't let this get into a discussion about canibalism!
icaredaycare 07:36 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
we think of it as gross (I agree), but it was common practice not that long ago in history.

Before formula, if a mother could not breastfeed a child (mother died, she was too hoity-toity to be bothered, or had no milk), another woman would do it for her (slaves were often used for this "job")

It is pretty wierd, for sure! Breast milk may very well be "best". But would SOMONE else's breast milk be better than formula?
agree with this. we don't know what her cultural background is, so lets not knock on this woman just yet. back in cambodia, a child used to be passed around in the village because he needed more milk, and the mother just could produce because of her health.

however, I will say...it's definitely a strange ad to see on cl in our day and age.

cheerfuldom 08:40 AM 02-11-2012
I would be more concerned if she insisted on nursing straight from the breast....I am not opposed to expressed milk from milk banks and such but those are reviewed for quality. How could a person know that she wasn't take drugs on the side or something? Plus, a baby might become more attached to the wet nurse than mom if they are breastfeeding straight from the breast and together all day. I think this ad is a bit strange, especially in the US.
Kaddidle Care 06:16 PM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
Before Aids. I would be very wary.

I think when you are a new mother and can breast feed your child and watch them thrive you get this feeling like you could do this for other babies as well.

I think she means well but currently has baby brain.
bice99 11:23 PM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I would be more concerned if she insisted on nursing straight from the breast....I am not opposed to expressed milk from milk banks and such but those are reviewed for quality. How could a person know that she wasn't take drugs on the side or something? Plus, a baby might become more attached to the wet nurse than mom if they are breastfeeding straight from the breast and together all day. I think this ad is a bit strange, especially in the US.
Oh believe me ladies, if you could sell breastmilk, I'd be rich. LOL. I am totally for milk banks where it is regulated or maybe even close friends expressing it, but not from a DC provider whom I don't know from Eve. I know basically every culture had wet nurses - look at Moses - some to make life easier for rich mamas, some to save the life of the infant when his/her own mother didn't produce enough. It just seemed so strange for someone to lay it out there in a CL ad.
Meyou 04:20 AM 02-12-2012
I don't have a problem with it as long as there is medical screening involved and it works for both families. I think it's a great opportunity for a baby to have breastmilk that wouldn't get the benefits otherwise. To each their own.
MarinaVanessa 10:55 AM 02-14-2012
I don't see anything wrong with it either as long as it's pumped milk and there is medical screening. That's usually how it works anyway, no one that I know would take up an offer like that without knowing that the wet nurse was healthy first.

I almost did it not too long ago actually... well sort of. My son turned out to be lactose at 3-4 months and there was a "friend of a friend" that was having trouble producing milk for her newborn. She offered to buy my BM for $1 an ounce, because it would be cheaper than going to the milk bank and paying $2.50 an ounce (yes that's right, they have breast milk banks just like they have blood banks lol). I suggested she drink more water and take Fenugreek then wait a few days and it worked so she didn't need it. You'd be surprised how popular buying BM from someone else is becoming nowadays especially for moms that can't BF but want the benefits and either don't live near a BM bank or don't want to pay the extra fee for shipping (I think they charge an extra fee per ounce).
seebachers 11:04 AM 02-14-2012
Yep......it is more common than you think.
Sprouts 08:01 PM 02-15-2012
Ummm I would say no thank you...HIV can be passed through breast milk, we don't know what she does after work and even if she took a medical screening test what if something happens a month later...I am super paranoid about stuff like that....
Tags:craigs list
Reply Up