Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Android Apps
kelsey's kids 08:40 PM 05-15-2013
What are some apps that you couldnt live without? Both daycare and personal
Little Star75 08:48 PM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
Facebook lol
Maps
Local app (tells you what's near by, very handy)
Calculator
And my flashlight (my favorite)
Fandango

All these apps are a must for me
blessed mom 08:49 PM 05-15-2013
Texting...I text all my mom's pictures of their little ones every day.
blandino 09:45 PM 05-15-2013
I know I sing it's praises constantly. But the Tadpoles app is BY FAR my most used app. There is a monthly fee of $2.xx per child a month. But there is also a 30 day free trial. I think if you try it, you will decide it is WELL WORTH the fees.

It allows us to do all daily reports/accident reports/ and notes via-email, with one touch. And also keeps track of attendance.

The best part is the picture sharing. It has a camera in the app, and save all pictures within the app - so they don't take up space on your phone. It also allows me to share pictures with one touch. Yesterday I sent out 36 pictures ! That's how easy it makes it.
Lyss 10:57 PM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I know I sing it's praises constantly. But the Tadpoles app is BY FAR my most used app. There is a monthly fee of $2.xx per child a month. But there is also a 30 day free trial. I think if you try it, you will decide it is WELL WORTH the fees.

It allows us to do all daily reports/accident reports/ and notes via-email, with one touch. And also keeps track of attendance.

The best part is the picture sharing. It has a camera in the app, and save all pictures within the app - so they don't take up space on your phone. It also allows me to share pictures with one touch. Yesterday I sent out 36 pictures ! That's how easy it makes it.
Is this for android? I found iphone but not android, I could totally be missing it! I've always been a Blackberry user until recently, they need to revamp, so I'm still new to this android world! Also how do your parents connect? Do they also have to have the app or is there a web portal?
blandino 05:36 AM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
Is this for android? I found iphone but not android, I could totally be missing it! I've always been a Blackberry user until recently, they need to revamp, so I'm still new to this android world! Also how do your parents connect? Do they also have to have the app or is there a web portal?
http://blog.tadpoles.com/2012/03/tad...-here.html?m=1

It says it is available for Android. I haven't looked any farther, but I'm guessing this is true ?!?

Parents get e-mails throughout the day, when you choose to send pictures.. And at the end of the day they get a daily report, that includes any info you put into the app for that day - and all the pictures from that day.

The advertise the app for parents to buy too. But it is rather expensive ($10.00), and for me, I see no reason to have the parents buy it. I don't do most of the daily reports until nap time - so they wouldn't be able to see them all day - and the emails seem to work just fine.

Also, parents can log on to the website, and see all past pictures of their child (and save them) as well as past reports.
Blackcat31 05:39 AM 05-16-2013
I don't use an android but the apps I can't live without are games.

Silly games I play when I am needing to pass some time quickly, like while waiting in the dentist's office.....
MyAngels 05:51 AM 05-16-2013
3g watchdog - so I don't go over my allotted data plan
Advanced Task Killer - so my phone doesn't get bogged down
Ancestry
Angry Birds
Bejeweled
Solitaire
SparkPeople Diet Tracker
Flashlight
Memo
Nook
PInterest
Shop Savvy
Weather Channel
My bank app
Lyss 09:13 AM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
http://blog.tadpoles.com/2012/03/tad...-here.html?m=1

It says it is available for Android. I haven't looked any farther, but I'm guessing this is true ?!?

Parents get e-mails throughout the day, when you choose to send pictures.. And at the end of the day they get a daily report, that includes any info you put into the app for that day - and all the pictures from that day.

The advertise the app for parents to buy too. But it is rather expensive ($10.00), and for me, I see no reason to have the parents buy it. I don't do most of the daily reports until nap time - so they wouldn't be able to see them all day - and the emails seem to work just fine.

Also, parents can log on to the website, and see all past pictures of their child (and save them) as well as past reports.
Thanks! I have a new infant and I've been considering using one of these apps because parents are very "green" and honestly I hate buying ink to print daily reports
Sugar Magnolia 09:40 AM 05-16-2013
Billiards
Solitaire
3D motocross game
Lose It! (weight loss)
Paypal
Magic 8 Ball

Can you see where my priorities are ?
kevinrake921 11:11 PM 05-27-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
As parents, we will feel anxious when our kids go missing or are late home from school or the outside. And we all want to find a way to locate our kids in case of an emergency or just to check up on them and find out where they are. However, there are not many ways exist that enable parents to do this. When our kids are missing, the usual methods that parents can do are calling our kids on their cell phone, asking their friends or trying to remember where they said they “might” be going to. But if they don’t answer the phone or there is no clue of where they go, we could not find out where our children are at any given point in time.

The good news is that there is now an easy way for parents to locate their kids from anywhere in the world. It doesn’t matter if we (as parents) are only a few miles away, or across the world. By using a new technology product called Phone tracking software, we can now locate our children whenever we feel like it.

is it will track the GPS location of the Phone , and then exact cell phone GPS location information can be easily uploaded by iPhone tracking software to your Phone tracking software online account which will show you the exact location of where the target mobile phone is by a map. Once the GPS logs are uploaded you can then login to your account to view the logs. Since our kids carry their cell phones wherever they go, tracking them through their cell phones is the most effective way to keep an eye on them. As long as they don’t lose their Phone, you’ll be able to locate them from anywhere in the world.

This means even if both parents are in different parts of the world, they can find out where their kids are by using an Phone tracking app. All they have to do is make sure they can get access to the Internet.

The reason why Phone tracking software is ideal for parents, is due to a couple of reasons.

Firstly, parents can easily track their children from anywhere in the world. This can especially be important if there is ever an emergency, and you need to locate them right away.

Secondly, Phone tracking software records phone calls and text messages too. So you can know who they are contacted with and what they will do. And thus, you can prevent potential dangers from happening.

Thirdly, Phone tracking software is invisible and undetectable, which is good if you don’t want your kids to know that you have a way to locate them at anytime. Some parents worry that if their kids know that they are being tracked, they will not want to use their phones or they will object to being monitored. An Phone tracking software is completely hidden, so it’s up to the parents to decide to tell their children if they are being tracked. You can be upfront, or you can keep it to yourself. The choice is yours.

In summary, OX Mobile Spy is the perfect product for anyone who wants a way to track their children. With its powerful monitoring function, it enables parents to easily locate their kids from anywhere in the world.
Reply Up