Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh! It's Definitely Monday!
DaycareMom 07:04 AM 03-03-2014
DCM arrives 10 mins early than her scheduled arrival time. Then she proceeds to tell me that DCB has been cranky all morning from teething so she gave him tylenol. Everytime she puts down DCB, he starts screaming and reaching for her, and she feeds right into it. Starts with the baby talk, "ooooh baby it's ok" and picks him up. He instantly stops crying. She tries to say goodbye and puts him down, he starts screaming again, so she picks him up and starts baby talking to him again. This went on for a good 5 mins until I finally just picked him up and told her to leave and he would be fine - as soon as mom was out of sight, he was completely fine! Then, DCG (sister of DCB) has gum in her mouth that keeps falling out of her mouth onto my carpet. Then all the other kids want gum, so I told her to spit it out. Then she proceeds to tell me that she already ate breakfast before she came. I ask, "oh cool. what did you have?" Lucky charms and scooby fruit snacks.

2nd family comes, DCB isn't wearing a coat - its 15 degrees outside - because he wouldn't "let" his dad put it on him.

I wish parents would parent!

I was telling DH how all of this annoyed me and he said I was being controlling and I can't tell people how to raise their kids. Grrrr

OK I am done. Just needed to vent.
LadyPearl 07:24 AM 03-03-2014
Sounds like my DH! He cares more about what the families think rather than some of the crap that I deal with. Here's the best part: he is never here when kids and parents are here!
Unregistered 07:27 AM 03-03-2014
If youre husband thinks youvare controlling he would think I was a super control freak this morning! One parent brought kid in pajamas,no clothes,no coat,hat,shoes-She was sent away.
One girl came with a half eaten chicken nugget in one hand and a bag of m&m's in the other-That got thrown away in front of the mother with a reminder not to bring food and I told her that was junk and not breakfast. Two kids came in with that dope and drop Tylenol look.They were both reminded of my sick policy and when I asked them if they've been given Tylenol one said no and one said nothing,then said she better just take him back home because he did feel a little hot this morning but she didn't get a chance to take his temp.She was gone before I could get back with the thermometer! lol I'm sooo bossy
DaycareMom 07:28 AM 03-03-2014
My DH was just laid off last week so he is home all the time now until he finds a new job. Should be interesting lol!
Blackcat31 07:29 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
DCM arrives 10 mins early than her scheduled arrival time. Then she proceeds to tell me that DCB has been cranky all morning from teething so she gave him tylenol. Everytime she puts down DCB, he starts screaming and reaching for her, and she feeds right into it. Starts with the baby talk, "ooooh baby it's ok" and picks him up. He instantly stops crying. She tries to say goodbye and puts him down, he starts screaming again, so she picks him up and starts baby talking to him again. This went on for a good 5 mins until I finally just picked him up and told her to leave and he would be fine - as soon as mom was out of sight, he was completely fine! Then, DCG (sister of DCB) has gum in her mouth that keeps falling out of her mouth onto my carpet. Then all the other kids want gum, so I told her to spit it out. Then she proceeds to tell me that she already ate breakfast before she came. I ask, "oh cool. what did you have?" Lucky charms and scooby fruit snacks.

2nd family comes, DCB isn't wearing a coat - its 15 degrees outside - because he wouldn't "let" his dad put it on him.

I wish parents would parent!

I was telling DH how all of this annoyed me and he said I was being controlling and I can't tell people how to raise their kids. Grrrr

OK I am done. Just needed to vent.
Requiring specific behaviors from your clients is NOT being controlling.

Allowing your clients to behave so poorly is enabling.

Ask you DH if he would rather you be an enabler or someone who takes charge of HER business.
kathiemarie 07:40 AM 03-03-2014
My DC kids are not even here yet and I can tell its Monday! My hubby woke up late which threw off everyone else schedule. The dog barfed, pooped and peed last night in the bath room! It rain like the dickens over the weekend and my yard is a muddy mess. Yes I know some of you are dealing with months of snow and other crappy weather but we are not use to it. So we will not be going out side today for free play. Over 50% over our time is spent out side. I'm sure as the kids show up they will be grumpy because no one thinks their 2 year old should nap over the weekend! Ok I'm taking deep breathes, getting a cup of coffee and waiting for the crazy to begin! Thanks for letting me vent.
LadyPearl 07:51 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If youre husband thinks youvare controlling he would think I was a super control freak this morning! One parent brought kid in pajamas,no clothes,no coat,hat,shoes-She was sent away.
One girl came with a half eaten chicken nugget in one hand and a bag of m&m's in the other-That got thrown away in front of the mother with a reminder not to bring food and I told her that was junk and not breakfast. Two kids came in with that dope and drop Tylenol look.They were both reminded of my sick policy and when I asked them if they've been given Tylenol one said no and one said nothing,then said she better just take him back home because he did feel a little hot this morning but she didn't get a chance to take his temp.She was gone before I could get back with the thermometer! lol I'm sooo bossy

MotherNature 07:53 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
My DH was just laid off last week so he is home all the time now until he finds a new job. Should be interesting lol!
Looks like you have a new helper for a little while then!
TaylorTots 11:46 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Requiring specific behaviors from your clients is NOT being controlling.

Allowing your clients to behave so poorly is enabling.
Agree completely.
Tags:appropriate clothing, dope and drop, enforcing policies - consistency, items from childs home, marriage, stress, venting
Reply Up