Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Daycare vs Group Daycare?
danoh0429 11:55 AM 10-21-2014
Hello, I've been running a licensed home daycare now for 2 years and was wondering if anyone could explain what the difference is between home daycare and group daycare? I was interested in purchasing some property and opening up a daycare separate from my home... I looked into a daycare center but it looks like I'd have to have a college degree for opening one of those. Anyone have any info on how group daycare's work?
jenboo 12:19 PM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by danoh0429:
Hello, I've been running a licensed home daycare now for 2 years and was wondering if anyone could explain what the difference is between home daycare and group daycare? I was interested in purchasing some property and opening up a daycare separate from my home... I looked into a daycare center but it looks like I'd have to have a college degree for opening one of those. Anyone have any info on how group daycare's work?
It all depends on which state you are in
melilley 01:01 PM 10-21-2014
It does depend on what state you live in.

Here, a family home is 6 or less unrelated children and you can be by yourself and group is 12 or less with an assistant for any number children over 6. We also have to live in the home that we do dc out of or else we are considered a center. I know that in other states, you don't have to live in the house that you do dc out of and ratios are different too.
AmyKidsCo 01:15 PM 10-21-2014
Yup, depends on your state.

In WI family (home) CC can only be up to 8 children; group is 8 or more and can't be in a home.
Reply Up