Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We Have Lost a True ICON in The Field of ECE ...
Crystal 01:26 PM 02-04-2016
It is with great sadness that I share the news that Bev Bos, a true leader and icon in the field of ECE has passed away. She was the greatest advocate of PLAY in early care and education, was highly dedicated to building relationships with children and families and to supporting providers in any way possible. I had the great honor of knowing Bev and she will be greatly missed, both personally and professionally.
Blackcat31 01:31 PM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by CoachingForQualityImprovement:
It is with great sadness that I share the news that Bev Bos, a true leader and icon in the field of ECE has passed away. She was the greatest advocate of PLAY in early care and education, was highly dedicated to building relationships with children and families and to supporting providers in any way possible. I had the great honor of knowing Bev and she will be greatly missed, both personally and professionally.

Sad for sure.

Ariana 01:31 PM 02-04-2016
That is such sad news . She will be missed. Hopefully she has inspired others enough to continue her legacy.
Josiegirl 01:33 PM 02-04-2016
Oh no May her family and all who knew her find peace in their hearts and comfort in their memories.
daycarediva 11:31 AM 02-05-2016
How heartbreaking! She really was a pioneer in her field.

While I loved her ideals, so much of that wouldn't work with multiple age groups, in an all day program, and have licensing approval.

I rewatched a youtube video from her (1991) You can see her love of young children.

But me? oh my. Kids running around naked, throwing paint indoors? I LOVE play and absolutely see the value in it, but even I think she was extreme on what was allowed.
Baby Beluga 11:41 AM 02-05-2016
Oh how very sad
Tags:bev bos' conference
Reply Up