Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rejection Letter Help
Misslexi 10:02 AM 04-25-2019
So I recently had an interview last night for a 5 year old girl who would not be a good fit for my program. I'm not sure how to word it as I dont want her to think I am being discriminatory. She wants to leave a her current center to go to a smaller home daycare as she has been having behavioral problems such as biting, pinching, etc and mom thinks she will do better in a smaller environment. She also has food allergies and would want to bring her own food, whereas I'd rather provide the same food for all. Shes also starting kindergarten in the Fall. Too short term. My main issue is that I think she would be too much for me to handle with her aggressive behaviors, especially since I already have a child in my program who struggles with some behaviors as well. How do I word it? Short and sweet?
boy_mom 11:00 AM 04-25-2019
Hi Family,

Thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday. At this time, ABC Daycare will be perusing other applicants. We wish you the best in your daycare search!

Best,
ABC Daycare Provider
Cat Herder 11:07 AM 04-25-2019
Today: "I still have a few more interviews to conduct. I will get back to you by the end of next week. Have a great weekend."

Next week: "Thank you so much for your interest and time. I enjoyed our visit and meeting your wonderful family. Unfortunately, I only had one available slot and have decided to enroll another family at this time. I wish you luck in your search for summer childcare and in your daughters' exciting new adventure in kindergarten."

I agree with you fully. That is simply too much work for such a small amount of income/time. It would also risk your current families enrollments.
Ariana 11:17 AM 04-25-2019
Hello DCF,
It was great meeting with you last night, unfortunately due to the fact that your daughter will be starting school in September I have decided to enrol another family for the space. Thank yo for your consideration and all the best.

Then ignore all further contact!
Meeko 05:43 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Today: "I still have a few more interviews to conduct. I will get back to you by the end of next week. Have a great weekend."

Next week: "Thank you so much for your interest and time. I enjoyed our visit and meeting your wonderful family. Unfortunately, I only had one available slot and have decided to enroll another family at this time. I wish you luck in your search for summer childcare and in your daughters' exciting new adventure in kindergarten."

I agree with you fully. That is simply too much work for such a small amount of income/time. It would also risk your current families enrollments.
This exactly.
Misslexi 12:06 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Meeko:
This exactly.
Thank you all. Worked out smoothly.
Tags:enrolling, enrollment, letter sample, rejection letter
Reply Up