Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Heater Ideas for Basement Home Daycare
Julia2 07:24 AM 01-10-2020
Hi, I have a question, if you have a daycare in the basement or first floor of you home how do you heat the place during winter, any ideas that can pass inspection , I was planing to put floor insulation and a wall heater, my first floor is cold , my home doesn’t have basement but first floor is cold even if my furnace is 80 degrees, and the furnace is in the 3th floor, thank you for your suggestion or ideas.
Cat Herder 08:12 AM 01-10-2020
My daycare is in my converted 3-car garage. I had a professional come out and put in central heat and air vents connected to the rest of the house in the attic. I did upgrade to an allergy and asthma unit as the opportunity presented itself.

The first year I had a handyman install wall units that pulled air from outside but they just were not all I had hoped for. The humidity caused posters to peel off the walls, moisture/mold to form around the windows and were not cost-effective on my power bill. The worst was when my neighbors burned leaves or spread chicken poo on the pastures, the playroom was almost unbearable.

First-year lessons are expensive.
Annalee 08:39 AM 01-10-2020
I have a 24 x 32 attached room and we installed a single central air unit so we control the heat and air only in the daycare. It was economical, too. Many here are
Putting these in their new houses with one to each room.
Annalee 08:44 AM 01-10-2020
https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/pr...RoCxNwQAvD_BwE

This is similar to what I have
Ariana 10:06 AM 01-10-2020
Close the vents on the top floor to force air down to the bottom floor. Make sure the intake vent is clear and not covered as well.

One of those fireplaces that go in the wall up high might work.
Tags:cooling, heating, heating - baseboard
Reply Up