Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent/Client Survey
dolores 10:41 AM 11-11-2020
Does anyone do surveys to parents to get their feedback for improvement?

If so how often, and what do you do with feedback?
Meeko 12:37 PM 11-11-2020
I don't ask for input from my clients.

I believe it gives them the idea that the way I run things is negotiable and that they have a say in my business.
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:

I ask for feedback only upon withdrawal otherwise my thoughts are the same as Meeko’s
Gemma 01:23 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I don't ask for input from my clients.

I believe it gives them the idea that the way I run things is negotiable and that they have a say in my business.
This
CountryRoads 01:50 PM 11-11-2020

Nope. Like others have said, it will make parents think they have some control in how your business is ran.

I could only imagine the "feedback" a provider would get.

"I think you should stay open longer and charge less. Oh, and you shouldn't take any days off."

Cat Herder 01:57 PM 11-11-2020
Our ratings system wants us to do it a minimum of twice per year. It gives us points towards our stars.

I only asked about things I was willing to incorporate like "What other types of sports would you like to see me introduce?" or "Are there any music or art forms your family loves that you would like to see introduced?".

I am always open for inspiration, so I made that work for me.
dolores 07:54 AM 11-12-2020
Hah! There is feedback and then there is feedback.

I've actually gotten them (informally and unsolicited) over the years. Some with good suggestions that were easy to incorporate which, I think, made my program better. And then there are the unreasonable, outrageous ones that make me roll my eyes.

I did a survey around covid before I reopened. The responses, even the unreasonable ones, were insightful. It made think of doing a formal one occasionally.

A survey twice/year or at exit sounds good. Can you share your survey with me?
Cat Herder 08:07 AM 11-12-2020
Hah! There is feedback and then there is feedback.

I've actually gotten them (informally and unsolicited) over the years. Some with good suggestions that were easy to incorporate which, I think, made my program better. And then there are the unreasonable, outrageous ones that make me roll my eyes.

I did a survey around covid before I reopened. The responses, even the unreasonable ones, were insightful. It made think of doing a formal one occasionally.

A survey twice/year or at exit sounds good. Can you share your survey with me?
Yes. Give me a few minutes. I use the free template given out by ProSolutions Training when I took the course "Getting Families Engaged!" I will have to pull it all up and it is almost changing/ art time.
Cat Herder 08:48 AM 11-12-2020
I went back to the class and it now has a huge list of things to add to your contract, but no template. I have since just started adding them to the Daily Connect questions.

I did a quick online search and this daycare has the closest one to it I could find. I hope they don't mind my sharing it here, it is public and fantastic.

https://www.mapleleafchildcare.com/p...parent-survey/
dolores 09:06 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I went back to the class and it now has a huge list of things to add to your contract, but no template. I have since just started adding them to the Daily Connect questions.

I did a quick online search and this daycare has the closest one to it I could find. I hope they don't mind my sharing it here, it is public and fantastic.

https://www.mapleleafchildcare.com/p...parent-survey/

EXACTLY what I was looking for! It is thorough .

CH thank you so much for your efforts and for sharing
Cat Herder 09:16 AM 11-12-2020
EXACTLY what I was looking for! It is thorough .

CH thank you so much for your efforts and for sharing
Anytime.
AmyKidsCo 01:30 PM 11-24-2020
I have in the past but not regularly, for the same reasons.

My questions were simple - I think I got them from Tom Copeland: What do you like about the way I care for your child? What would you like me to do differently? Would you recommend me to other families, why or why not?

But I always stress so much about bad comments that I haven't done one for a couple of years.
Tags:qris, stars, stars program, survey results
Reply Up