Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Need a recommendation

I'm wondering what kinds of cameras you all have? Right now I'm borrowing one of my dd's old cameras. It's terrible. I always do tons of crafts with the dcks using their pictures, especially around this time of year but I really cannot use this one for much of anything. Needless to say I'm in the market for a new one. I'm pretty inept so need an easy point and shoot that's reasonably priced and does a great job. Not asking for much I know. But does anyone have a camera they especially love?
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:31 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Did a little research for you
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-po...&skuId=8185051
This looks good if you're looking for a point and shoot. 12.1 megapixels and a 10x zoom is really nice for a point and shoot. The price is right as well.

Personally I prefer manual, but if I did get a point and shoot I would only trust a Canon.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have an older Olympus e 500 digital slr.... I've had it since I bought it brand New Years ago. Still works perfect. Came with a five year warranty and with all of the extra accessories.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a Fujifulm that I love. It is a point and shoot, but it has some manuel options-you just can't switch lenses. It's actually my second one-I upgraded to a fancier model and passed the old one to hubby. He's still using it. I've won prizes at the county fair for my point and shoot pictures, and I'm a rank amateur. I credit the camera.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

I believe Black cat had a great one she recommended
Old 11-29-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria2013 View Post
I believe Black cat had a great one she recommended
I forgot about that thread...nice memory Maria!

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65199
Old 11-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks all! My ds got wind of the fact I'm in the market for a new camera; he was asking for ideas for Christmas shopping and I wasn't going to give that one to him because it's too expensive. But my dd opened her mouth so he's going to ask his gf what she'd recommend. She's an amateur photographer and really good too. I mentioned to him Canon, Panasonic and Fuji.

Tags
camera, digital camera