Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monitors To Watch The Kids
countrymom 10:26 AM 02-16-2011
you know those baby monitors where one is a tv so you can watch the kids, do any of you have those. My kitchen is on the other side of the house (its not that big of a house) but its not open concept either. I want to be able to see what is going on when I make lunch. Lately I'm getting she hit me, he hit me and since I can't see what is going on, I can't punish anyone.
jojosmommy 10:30 AM 02-16-2011
My house is a split with the kitchen completely hidden. I thought about getting one of those monitors but Regs say you must be able to see and interveine if necessary- which is impossible for me to do if I am making lunch.

So, I make all my kids either watch tv or read a book (their choice) on the couch when I make lunch. Almost everything is prepared anyway but the kids know they are going to have to relax, wait, and either watch or read for up to 20 min until lunch is served. If they can't handle it they sit at the table until its ready.
MissAnn 10:33 AM 02-16-2011
Yes....people....give suggestions on this one.....I want to know too!
KEG123 10:45 AM 02-16-2011
I guess I'm lucky my daycare area is right by the kitchen.

But if you need to use a camera, I'd call licensing first to make sure its ok for you to use (since the above pp said they cant use one per regs)
E Daycare 10:56 AM 02-16-2011
I use this;

It streams on our home network as to not get any interference with other peoples monitors. I can watch it on my netbook or iPhone. It was like $80.00 online and We have it set up in the play/dck nap room. I can see the entire room with this.

It also doubles as a home security system when we are out of town. We set it up in the kitchen and it sits over the entire kitchen and living room.
countrymom 11:12 AM 02-16-2011
thats a neat thing. As for liscencing, here in ontario there is NO SUCH THING. Which I'm glad because when I read some of the stuff you ladies have to do and make sure its legal is way too crazy for me.
ninosqueridos 02:01 PM 02-16-2011
I don't know what I'd do without mine. I have 4 cameras (one in each napping bedroom) and the monitor in the daycare room so I can keep an eye on all the little ones while they sleep. This way I can run up there and grab someone who is up before the others wake up.
Angelwings36 02:44 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
My house is a split with the kitchen completely hidden. I thought about getting one of those monitors but Regs say you must be able to see and interveine if necessary- which is impossible for me to do if I am making lunch.

So, I make all my kids either watch tv or read a book (their choice) on the couch when I make lunch. Almost everything is prepared anyway but the kids know they are going to have to relax, wait, and either watch or read for up to 20 min until lunch is served. If they can't handle it they sit at the table until its ready.
I'm just curious the age of your children. Do you have little ones? My little ones will not sit still to watch tv and I have one boy that is nearly 3 years old that is really delayed and definetely will not co-operate for tv time.
Angelwings36 02:46 PM 02-16-2011
P.S. I am in Saskatchewan and run a private daycare...no liscense required.
mysillygoose 12:11 PM 07-30-2013
Nino--can you tell me more about your system? I have 4 napping rooms as well, and for my state, I have to have a monitor in each room or have doors open. I'd like to find a way to condense 4 different baby monitors on my kitchen counter.
Unregistered 12:54 PM 07-30-2013
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I use this;

It streams on our home network as to not get any interference with other peoples monitors. I can watch it on my netbook or iPhone. It was like $80.00 online and We have it set up in the play/dck nap room. I can see the entire room with this.

It also doubles as a home security system when we are out of town. We set it up in the kitchen and it sits over the entire kitchen and living room.
What is this camera called. I like this idea for my baby's room instead of the video monitor.
Blackcat31 12:59 PM 07-30-2013
Originally Posted by mysillygoose:
Nino--can you tell me more about your system? I have 4 napping rooms as well, and for my state, I have to have a monitor in each room or have doors open. I'd like to find a way to condense 4 different baby monitors on my kitchen counter.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What is this camera called. I like this idea for my baby's room instead of the video monitor.
This is an older thread so I don't know if either poster will reply.

I use a video monitor. The one I bought was from Sam's Club.

Like this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4-pack-...navAction=push

Blackcat31 01:00 PM 07-30-2013
Here are some more threads about monitors.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...video+monitors
Familycare71 01:04 PM 07-30-2013
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I use this;

I'd like the name of it as well...
I can use monitoring devices including cameras here but they cannot be in place of supervision... So nap room yes- playroom when I'm not there- no
I'm in NY
nanglgrl 07:32 PM 07-31-2013
I have a monitor hanging on my wall so I can see the children while I prepare food. I used it for quite a while but haven't turned it on in a long time. Now when one of the kids does the "I didn't do it routine" all I have to say is "o.k. I will just check the camera and see what happened" and the truth spills out. The kids think I have a camera in every room even though there is only one. On the occasions when I've had a child that refuses to fess up one of the other children always says, "check the camera". BTW, my camera doesn't even record. LOL
Tags:cctv, monitor, security
Reply Up