Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Withdrawal/Termination Letter Opinion Needed
my3ps 12:29 PM 07-23-2012
I am looking to get some feedback on my withdrawal/term letter. A little back story. This DC family has been a small pain in my backside. We haven't always seen eye to eye with the business side of things. In the past they have said they were leaving one 2 separate occasions only to end up staying. In April DC child went out on medical leave and was out for 12 weeks. I agreed to hold the spot for 50% reduced fees. The first day back mom tells me that they are moving and DC child will only be in care for another 6-8 weeks till the end of August.They are probably moving 20-30 minutes away and she has already found a new DC, but they only have a part-time spot and she was planning on leaving DC child here just 2 days a week. I told her that wouldn't work because my infant spots (only 2 of them) are only full time. She says okay. The next day mom asks me if I have talked with anyone about DC child's spot yet and I tell her yes I have a few interviews lined up. She says Oh well the rental they are looking at isn't a definite but she hopes it works out and she say nothing more. Now we are on DC child's 3rd week back and mom hasn't said another word. I have been interviewing and I have a family ready to commit to the spot. They need to start Aug. 20th, so although it isn't quite the end of August my thought is I need to take a family so I can fill this spot. If I give notice today than this will be 4 weeks which is the way this DC family's contract is written (I have changed it to only 2weeks now, lesson learned). Mom knows I have been interviewing as we are FB friends and my DC has a FB page both have had notices on them since she made me aware of the withdrawal.

So does this letter make sense....should I add anything additional/take anything away? I feel like I need to add something about filling DC child's spot and that is the reason for the date.

Child Care Withdrawal Notice

Date: 7/23/2012

Dear Parent:

Based upon your verbal intention to withdrawal from care, this written notice is to inform you that childcare services provided for ****** will conclude on Friday, August, 17, 2012. Please refer to our written contract for all withdrawal policies and contact me with any questions. Please sign and return this notice on your next day of scheduled care.

Sincerely,

Provider:
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 07-23-2012
I don't think I would give the letter of termination BASED on their verbal statements. If anything I would terminate care based on the fact that you are simply no longer willing to provide care for them. I don't think you have to say it is because of the info they told you (whether true or not). I would simply just say that you have decided to take on a new client and the last day you can provide care to them is August 17, 2012 and leave it at that.

Something along the lines of:

Dear Parent;

This letter is written termination of our child care service agreement. The last day I can provide care for your child is Friday August 17, 2012. Please sign and date this form and return it to me tomorrow.

Sincerely
Daycare Provider

I personally think if you state "based upon your verbal intention to withdrawal from care" in the notice, it will come back to bite you and the mom may say she isn't going to leave now.....kwim?

Don't base termination or withdrawl on anything verbal. If you want them gone.....term them and start services with new client. If mom questions you about termination, tell her that you have decided it is best for your business and don't explain further. You have that right.
Heidi 12:42 PM 07-23-2012
I agree with Black Cat....
my3ps 02:52 PM 07-23-2012
Thanks guys. I went that route with the letter. Mom still questioned me but I held my ground with my end date. I am relieved to be ending my contact with this family.
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by my3ps:
Thanks guys. I went that route with the letter. Mom still questioned me but I held my ground with my end date. I am relieved to be ending my contact with this family.
Good for you!

Always do what works for you as parents will always do what works for them.
Reply Up