Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing My Hours
Liliya 01:46 PM 01-08-2010
I have in home child care, my hours right now are 6:30-5:30,
All kids get here after 7 a.m, but I feel that one family is abusing my services,
they are neighbors, so if child gets up before 6:30 he will be here at 6:30 and until 5:30 every day, I just never know if he will be here at 6:30 or later so I am ready for him. lately he has been coming at 7:15/7:25, because he has been waking up later and thats when the mom goes to work. How should I tell the dcp that i am changing my hours to 7:00-5:30? do I need to give a reason?
Thanks,
momofboys 01:51 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by Liliya:
I have in home child care, my hours right now are 6:30-5:30,
All kids get here after 7 a.m, but I feel that one family is abusing my services,
they are neighbors, so if child gets up before 6:30 he will be here at 6:30 and until 5:30 every day, I just never know if he will be here at 6:30 or later so I am ready for him. lately he has been coming at 7:15/7:25, because he has been waking up later and thats when the mom goes to work. How should I tell the dcp that i am changing my hours to 7:00-5:30? do I need to give a reason?
Thanks,
I wouldn't give a reason, just say you are changing your hours. It's your business. So long as she can still get to work on time and drop off at 7:00 or later it shouldn't pose a problem.
jen 01:55 PM 01-08-2010
I agree, you don't need a reason. Change away!
originalkat 02:18 PM 01-08-2010
I would change it. No reason to get up earlier for no reason. You will like the new opening time. You dont need a reason. Just send a notice to all the parents stating that as of a certain date your new hours will be 7-5:30.
gbcc 03:24 PM 01-08-2010
I charge a $10 per day penalty if the parents tell me they will be there and then don't show up to later. I let all my parents know that if they are the first family to arrive for the day then I get up for them. I expect a call the evening before or I expect them to be there.
momma2girls 03:30 PM 01-08-2010
I recently changed my contract to be work times and drive times only- have them each contract for the times they will need- not how long you are open- do not even have the times listed in your contract any longer. It is so nice!! There are many who will always abuse and abuse it otherwise!!!!!
Liliya 12:52 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I recently changed my contract to be work times and drive times only- have them each contract for the times they will need- not how long you are open- do not even have the times listed in your contract any longer. It is so nice!! There are many who will always abuse and abuse it otherwise!!!!!
This is so cool, but all my kids are mostly here only when their parents are working,but this family. I think its because they live very close to me.
I really feel bad for the little boy. It makes a very long day for him.
I did send e-mails to all parents last night.
Thank you all for responses.
Carole's Daycare 11:58 AM 01-14-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Excellent! I had to make a similar change. Though I have facility open hours listed, each families contract specifies their work schedule, plus travel time allowance. Later than scheduled pickup results in late fees, not after business close at 5:30. I specifically had trouble w/ families who would do shopping or housework or who knows what after work if they worked 7-3, still picking up kids at 5:30. I had to make clear that while I may have on family here 9-5, that doesn't mean other kids here at 6:30 should leave their kids in daycare 11 hs. For those on daycare assistance I had to explain that taxpayers weren't paying for them to have 2 hs a day of freedom from their kids, they were authorized for work & travel only.
Tags:hours, hours of operation, schedule
Reply Up