Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter to Parents, Full time Staus to Part time
JeepGirl6 10:49 AM 04-27-2011
I would like to inform you that I will be changing my status of providing full time child care to part time child care. Starting May 9, 2011 I will only be open three days a week. I was unexpectedly offered a position at Akron Childrens Hospital and I feel that this is a great opportunity for me.I will still able to operate my In-Home Child Care part time which is wonderful because I am able to do two things I love. I will be available to watch your child alternate days every other week. I will be available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday one week. The next week I will be available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This pattern will alternate every other week and will continue to be the same every month. I will always have Wednesdays off. Since the majority of the parents need me different days every week I am hoping that most of you will be able to work with my new schedule. This will take effect the week of May 9th but since that is my orientation week, I will be available to care for your child Wednesday and Thursday that week. I hope to still be able to accomodate you child care needs. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

What do you think??? Any advice??Anything I should add or take out?
jen 11:04 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I would like to inform you that I will be changing my status of providing full time child care to part time child care. Starting May 9, 2011 I will only be open three days a week. I was unexpectedly offered a position at Akron Childrens Hospital and I feel that this is a great opportunity for me.I will still able to operate my In-Home Child Care part time which is wonderful because I am able to do two things I love. I will be available to watch your child alternate days every other week. I will be available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday one week. The next week I will be available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This pattern will alternate every other week but continue to be the same every month. I will always have Wednesdays off. Since the majority of the parents need me different days every week I am hoping that most of you will be able to work with my new schedule. This will take effect the week of May 9th but since that is my orientation week, I will be available to care for your child Wednesday and Thursday that week. I hope to still be able to accomodate you child care needs. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

What do you think??? Any advice??Anything I should add or take out?
Dear Parent,

I was recently offered a postion with the Akron Children's Hospital. After much thought and consideration, I have decided to accept the position. I feel that this is a wonderful way to combine my passion for working with children with my interests in the medical field.

This is a part time position and I will be continuing to provide child care on the following schedule. The week of May 9th is an orientation week, therefore I am only available on Wednesday and Thursday. However, going forward, daycare will be available on an alternating schedule of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday the first week and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday the following week. For your convenience, I have attached a schedule for the month of May. I do not anticipate my schedule to vary from month to month.

I realize that this new scheduling may not work for all of the families in care. This decision was a difficult one for me, as I truly enjoy each and every child that comes through my door each day. Please let me know if my schedule will accommmodate your daycare needs or if you will need to locate alternative care.

Thank you for your understanding,
JeepGirl6 11:07 AM 04-27-2011
Thank you, thats sounds perfect!!!
daycare 11:16 AM 04-27-2011
jens letter sounds great, however, I think if you bullet point the schedule, it will make it eaiser to read...
Example

Day care will be offered : Days hours
* monday Wed Fri 730-530
*Tue and Thursday 730-530

I just seems eaiser to read and understand

great letter Jen
jen 11:30 AM 04-27-2011
No worries daycare! I think that the schedule is a bit confusing too...that is why I suggested a schedule for May. I figured if they could see it laid out in front of them, it would make more immediate sense for the dcp...that way they don't actually have to think about it!
daycare 11:32 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
No worries daycare! I think that the schedule is a bit confusing too...that is why I suggested a schedule for May. I figured if they could see it laid out in front of them, it would make more immediate sense for the dcp...that way they don't actually have to think about it!
ahhahah yes that could cause problems if you want them to think...lol oh I am not nice today...lol I am joking...
JeepGirl6 11:40 AM 04-27-2011
Thank you to the both of you. I really appreciate it!
JeepGirl6 03:35 PM 04-27-2011
My stomach was in knots when I had to give these parents the letter...I was so nervous of how they would react..The three parents I had to give the letter to today went great! I thought they would be mad or upset with me but they weren't. So far I have three out of the eight families able to work with my new schedule which financially will work out perfect,even better if others are able to work it out...This is turning out a lot better than I thought
daycare 03:36 PM 04-27-2011
yeah congrats to you.....one word of advice.........dont over work yourself....... make sure to get time for youself..
JeepGirl6 03:38 PM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
yeah congrats to you.....one word of advice.........dont over work yourself....... make sure to get time for youself..
My neighbor is an RN and works on the floor I just got hired in on as a Unit Secretary and she told me the same thing. She told me there are days I am going to want off but can't because I will still be doing my day care the other days....I will try to get "me" time....If it is too stressful on me, I will wait it out until I have my bills paid off which should be around October ( and hopefully save up for our wedding) and then only do the hospital job,but boy will I miss these kids
daycare 03:42 PM 04-27-2011
my husband works two jobs, but its his choice... he wanted to buy this stupidly expensive truck that cost 70grand..... I said we can't afford it, he got a second job. I never get to see him anymore and it is really taking a toll on my kids, my house and me.... We never get to see him... I try not to hold it againist him and just keep my head up. i find myself working around the clock like a single mom and the only thing that I could wish for is some time off. So be sure to plan some fun in your life as well. Guess what bills will always be there... Two years ago I paid off all of our bills, excpet our cars..........8 months ago my husband crashed his truck and broke his leg. He missed lots of work and now guess what.............we are back to square one again....
I am trying to pay off bills again.... you only live once, don't spend it trying to get the bills paid.......
laundrymom 04:08 PM 04-27-2011
Holy cow! $70grand? I'm jealous! My dream truck is just about there,... It has 6 wheels, 4 doors, no spark plugs and will pull anything I want to hook it to. Bow tie brand. I settled for a 4x4 3/4 ton crew cab diesel chevy. Spent 20 grand less than your dh but I love it. The next one though, mommas getting a dually. Lol
Originally Posted by daycare:
my husband works two jobs, but its his choice... he wanted to buy this stupidly expensive truck that cost 70grand..... I said we can't afford it, he got a second job. I never get to see him anymore and it is really taking a toll on my kids, my house and me.... We never get to see him... I try not to hold it againist him and just keep my head up. i find myself working around the clock like a single mom and the only thing that I could wish for is some time off. So be sure to plan some fun in your life as well. Guess what bills will always be there... Two years ago I paid off all of our bills, excpet our cars..........8 months ago my husband crashed his truck and broke his leg. He missed lots of work and now guess what.............we are back to square one again....
I am trying to pay off bills again.... you only live once, don't spend it trying to get the bills paid.......

Tags:changing hours letter, full time to part time, letter
Reply Up