Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craigslist Post Funny
juliebug 10:47 AM 05-12-2011
~~~
Looking for a part- time person to watch 2 month old at my business location. This position will be daytime hours with a base hourly rate. Will not only care for infant but will serve as assistant to me as well.

Looking for someone that loves kids. has experience with child care, is detail oriented, & computer literate.

This position is two fold and has the potential to grow into a full time position for the right person.

Individual chosen will be fully back ground checked and drug tested.

Please repond with resume if interested
~~~~~

not only does she want a childcare provider she wants an assistant for her job??? lol
snowborden1 10:49 AM 05-12-2011
Hahaha, sounds like she is looking for someone to make her look like wonder woman!
MG&Lsmom 11:10 AM 05-12-2011
I actually did this while in graduate school. But I worked for an amazing family so it worked well and was a very fun job. Can't really tell from the ad, but I'm betting it wouldn't be exactly the same.

I watched the kids while Mom was on the phone or in a meeting or out on site visits. The rest of the time I helped with office stuff, phone calls, grant reading. It was an independently wealthy couple with a private foundation. I helped run the admin side of the foundation. They had a live-in caretaker couple with full time jobs that would take over when I left for the day. The wife helped with the evening routine and cared for the children when they had evening/weekend functions. The husband took care of the maintenance on the house. I was so sad when they moved overseas. I would do that job again in a heartbeat. The kids are in college now.
melskids 11:13 AM 05-12-2011
i'm thinking it may not be bad.....providing it was for the right amount of moola
MG&Lsmom 11:29 AM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i'm thinking it may not be bad.....providing it was for the right amount of moola
In my case I made equivalent to 50% nanny salary in a major metropolitan area and 50% what an office manager would make at a moderate sized company, plus healthcare, my train pass and a laptop. They were great people, but the $$ didn't hurt either.
momma2girls 11:32 AM 05-12-2011
here is a great craigslist ad from this am-
need someone who loves children, to come to my home or they can come to yours, to sit for my 3 children, hrs. are Mon.- Thurs. or Tues- Fri. depending on my schedule- from 9-3 or possibly earlier. I can only pay a total of $140.00 a week.
Are you kidding me?
cheerfuldom 11:48 AM 05-12-2011
Very convenient for both these people to leave the duties basically open-ended. You could end up doing anything from washing to the dog to running out and buying some new pantyhose.
MarinaVanessa 11:55 AM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
need someone who loves children, to come to my home or they can come to yours, to sit for my 3 children, hrs. are Mon.- Thurs. or Tues- Fri. depending on my schedule- from 9-3 or possibly earlier. I can only pay a total of $140.00 a week.
Are you kidding me?
At first I thought "$140 a weeks. That's not bad" and then I realized that it was for THREE children. I would normally get $324 a week for care of 3 kids. I wonder what poor shmuck she finds to take this on lol. Of course if I were let's say a college student taking evening and night classes and needed a place to hang out at while I did my homework and "supervised" the kids then I might have been inclined to accept an offer like this XD
cheerfuldom 12:01 PM 05-12-2011
I would charge $450 a week for three full time kids. She's wanting a person to be available basically all week but the hours would vary.
jen2651 12:09 PM 05-12-2011
For the first Craigslist ad...if it is so easy to work in the position and take care of the child, why can't the mom do it?!
nannyde 12:10 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
At first I thought "$140 a weeks. That's not bad" and then I realized that it was for THREE children. I would normally get $324 a week for care of 3 kids. I wonder what poor shmuck she finds to take this on lol. Of course if I were let's say a college student taking evening and night classes and needed a place to hang out at while I did my homework and "supervised" the kids then I might have been inclined to accept an offer like this XD
I would normally get $324 a week for care of 3 kids.

That's exactly what the parent was thinking.

She would NORMALLY have to pay 324 so she thought she'd try 1/3 of that and see how it would work. Pay for one... get two free????? I wanna go to that store.
snowborden1 12:16 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by jen2651:
For the first Craigslist ad...if it is so easy to work in the position and take care of the child, why can't the mom do it?!
That's exactly what I was thinking. And is the office the right place for the baby? Hmm, I guess you never know unless you are in their shoes.
DaycareMama 07:25 PM 05-19-2011
Here is another one posted tonight.....

I just got some responce to this add this is not a spam nor me looking for females Etc this is a real post
not looking to hurt someone all you wake jobs please do not send me those un true saying to me
will email back the right people who respond to this post !!!!

Experience Child care worker for over 28 years working with special needs & Behavior children in Residential treatment care now retired
Looking for PT or FT babysitting care

I sometimes take care of my friends children and cousin's kids at time great with kids love aminals
very goofd cook & love to bake yummy things so your family would have warm good meal
I am very honest and can be trusted with your love ones i have all back rounds checks and can check me out
on care.com

where i live at i have a pool by my home in my community where its safe so if you like the real deal I'm here to
help your family i will send you photo's of me later

thank you for reading my post take care & hope to help you

I don't even think I would bring my aminals here
E Daycare 10:54 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:

I just got some responce to this add this is not a spam nor me looking for females Etc this is a real post
not looking to hurt someone all you wake jobs please do not send me those un true saying to me

Experience Child care worker for over 28 years working with special needs & Behavior children in Residential treatment care now retired

I sometimes take care of my friends children and cousin's kids at time great with kids love aminals
very goofd cook & love to bake yummy things so your family would have warm good meal
I am very honest and can be trusted with your love ones i have all back rounds checks and can check me out
on care.com

where i live at i have a pool by my home in my community where its safe so if you like the real deal I'm here to

This person forgot to add: "Me no English write, bring kids to me yes?"

SPELL CHECK IS YOUR FRIEND!!! Sheesh
Stacy214 11:04 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:

on care.com

But she's the REAL DEAL!!! lol and ummm yummy things? hellloooo...

I absolutely love reading these ads, I always think that if someone is "silly" enough to write these then there are probably a hundred more "silly" people to respond hehe
wdmmom 11:41 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
Are you kidding me?
"Depending on my schedule, possibly earlier" That, my dear means full time, and it'll cost you $140 a week for each child!!!
busymomof2 11:43 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
This person forgot to add: "Me no English write, bring kids to me yes?"

SPELL CHECK IS YOUR FRIEND!!! Sheesh
LOL...(rolling on the floor)!!!!
Sugar Magnolia 11:44 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by juliebug:
~~~
Looking for a part- time person to watch 2 month old at my business location. This position will be daytime hours with a base hourly rate. Will not only care for infant but will serve as assistant to me as well.

Looking for someone that loves kids. has experience with child care, is detail oriented, & computer literate.

This position is two fold and has the potential to grow into a full time position for the right person.

Individual chosen will be fully back ground checked and drug tested.

Please repond with resume if interested
~~~~~

not only does she want a childcare provider she wants an assistant for her job??? lol
Here's what she REALLY means: "looking for a part-time slave to get my coffee, feed and diaper my infant, take a memo, get my lunch and pick up my dry cleaning while baby sleeps. Must be willing to grovel, work for a small percentage of my salary, and do it with a smile on your face. If you kiss my *ss enough, I may throw some extra pennies at you."
Stacy214 12:12 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Here's what she REALLY means: "looking for a part-time slave to get my coffee, feed and diaper my infant, take a memo, get my lunch and pick up my dry cleaning while baby sleeps. Must be willing to grovel, work for a small percentage of my salary, and do it with a smile on your face. If you kiss my *ss enough, I may throw some extra pennies at you."
HAhaha
Tags:craigs list, funny
Reply Up