Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shameless Brag.......
Meeko 06:25 AM 10-07-2011
My daughter will be singing tomorrow night in this concert in the LDS Tabernacle in Salt Lake City. She wants to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as soon as she is old enough. She's so excited to have their director be their director for this event. She's been travelling up to Salt Lake for three days now from 6AM to 10PM to practice. The concert is sold out...should be good! Her dad and I will be there cheering her on!

Not proud or anything......

"UMEA All-State Grand Festival Concert
Tabernacle, Saturday, October 8, 2011, 7:30 p.m.

The Utah Music Educator Association's All-State Grand Festival Concert is a celebration of the top music students from across the state of Utah. This concert features high school choral students who have been selected as the best in the state. Guest conductor for this year's event will be famed Mormon Tabernacle Choir director Mack Wilberg."
MyAngels 07:13 AM 10-07-2011
That's awesome! You must be so proud that she's following her dream .
Lianne 07:15 AM 10-07-2011
That's incredible!

I'm LDS (inactive) and know what an honour it is to sing with the choir, and how good you have to be! How old is she?
sharlan 07:24 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Lianne:
That's incredible!

I'm LDS (inactive) and know what an honour it is to sing with the choir, and how good you have to be! How old is she?
That makes two of us.

Congratulations! I love listening to the Tabernacle Choir.
godiva83 07:29 AM 10-07-2011
Wow- what a goal and accomplishment! Way to go, I would be proud
Of her too.
I am only sending good vibes your way for her success tomorrow night
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 10-07-2011
Sweet!! Sounds like a big honor!!
Meeko 07:51 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Lianne:
That's incredible!

She's nearly 17 and a junior in high school. When she was in 4th grade, her school choir teacher told us she had a beautiful voice and it has only got better. She has been passionate about singing since she was tiny. When she was 12 she was selected to represent Utah (out of over 300 kids) to sing in the International Childrens Choir the year the USA hosted. One child from each state and then kids from all nations. We got to travel that summer! Since then she has continued her studies with both school and private study.

Tomorrow's concert is the best high school students from all over the state. Mack Wilberg, director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, will be their conductor. He's working them hard, but he's the best! She's exhausted, but having a great time!

You have to be 25 to join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Her school choir teacher is a member of the choir and so is her private voice coach. She will join the Tabernacle Chorus first and hopefully the Tabernacle Choir after that. She wants to be a music teacher (surprise!) for her profession.

As I can't hold a note to save my life....I am very proud of her! She sings solo's without so much as a care. No stage fright at all. I'm very jealous!
MamaBear 09:22 AM 10-07-2011
Thats awesome! Congratulations
laundrymom 10:01 AM 10-07-2011
Awesome!!! You should be proud!!! That's your baby girl!!!!
momofsix 10:36 AM 10-07-2011
How exciting for both of you! It's great so see our kids fulfull their dreams, and you're a great mom to help her get there!
Sugar Magnolia 10:57 AM 10-07-2011
Super Wicked Awesome Cool! Congrats to her and her proud mamma!!!!
JennyBear 11:19 AM 10-07-2011
Wow. That's amazing!! Congrats!!
Meeko 11:41 AM 10-07-2011
Thanks for giving my "moment"! I have no co-workers to brag to...so thanks for being the cheering section!!
Michael 04:37 PM 10-07-2011
That's great. Are you or your husband also musically gifted. Is there a video online of her singing?
SilverSabre25 05:00 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Super Wicked Awesome Cool! Congrats to her and her proud mamma!!!!
yeah this! How neat. If only everyone had a dream that strong and the guts to follow it.
Christian Mother 05:15 PM 10-07-2011
How Wonderful!! What a awesome experience for her!! The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is really something to see!! My old roommate Lisa would watch the Conferences a couple times a yr and I'd go with her to her church during the Woman's conference. Just bc I'm Christian doesn't mean I can't be there for my roomy and learn something of my own. I always had a great time not to mention my old roomy has such a Beautiful voice. She moved to UT last yr and I know she has been wanting to audition for the Choir. I'll have to ask her if she got in.
Cat Herder 05:15 PM 10-07-2011
That is awesome

Have fun cheering her on!!
Meeko 06:27 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
That's great. Are you or your husband also musically gifted. Is there a video online of her singing?
Neither my husband or I are musically gifted. The thought of standing in front of a huge audience would terrify me. Luckily, she doesn't mind...infact she relishes it. Funnily enough, she will sing in church, but is terrified to give a talk.....go figure! Nothing online...I will have to get something!
Tags:positive, positive praise, provider children, singing songs
Reply Up