Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Letter for Biting
tenderhearts 10:53 AM 11-01-2016
I have a boy who is 17 mo. He started the first of Sept and since he has started he has been biting. He bites out of frustration and for no reason at all. I have been shadowing him and today I was right beside him another came up and he clamped down, that fast nothing occured, nothing, Thankfully it wasn't bad and I was able to stop it before it got worse.
However shadowing has proved that it is too much right now for the particular group I have, I have to focus on this child which makes doing things with the other kids difficult. Even when little things happen and I have to quickly assist another child it's difficult to pick up this one and place him some where he can't bite then assist with something that needs immediate attention.
Therefore I made the decision to terminate. This is difficult as normally I do not terminate so quickly and for someone so young. Are these parents going to view me as a bad provider?

Here is the letter I wrote please tweak if needed I am NOT good with this sort of thing.

Dear XX & XX Nov. 1, 2016
I will sadly need to terminate care for XX. The last day of care will be Nov.23rd 2016.
This has been a very difficult decision but it is in the best interest for my daycare children.
Since XX has enrolled in my daycare, we have been discussing his “biting”. His biting or attempt in biting seemed to be somewhat improving but these last couple of days it seems to have increased as I have noticed him biting everything and has attempted several times to bite someone else.
As we discussed previously I have noticed that his biting is out of frustration and for no reason at all which makes it difficult. Normally, biting is something, we; you the parents and I working with each other and try to stop the behavior with consistency which takes time, it doesn’t happen overnight.
However, my attention has been focused on XX for the safety of the others in my care which is causing an effect on the other children. I am unable to give adequate care and attention to the other children. With the current age group I have, too many things happen quickly that causes me to have to walk away from a child to assist another there for making shadowing difficult. Shadowing is the only way to prevent biting and if I was not the only provider it would be much easier.
I think XX may benefit at this age to be in a smaller group where the provider can focus more on him and the biting.
I know we don’t know how long it will take for him to outgrow this behavior but I need to focus on my care to the other children as well.
I have grown to love XX which makes the this decision that much more difficult.
If you have any concerns or questions please let me know,
Thank you
XX

What do you think?
daycarediva 11:07 AM 11-01-2016
Too wordy!

Dear dcp's,

I will no longer be able to care for dcb due to his increased biting and my inability to prevent these incidents. The last day I can provide care will be November 23, 2016.

Your last payment of X is due X.

Here is the number for resource and referral.

Thank you for understanding,
Provider
Play Care 11:11 AM 11-01-2016
It seems too wordy.
Others may have better suggestions for edits, but I think less is more.

Good luck!
Play Care 11:12 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Too wordy!

Dear dcp's,

I will no longer be able to care for dcb due to his increased biting and my inability to prevent these incidents. The last day I can provide care will be November 23, 2016.

Your last payment of X is due X.

Here is the number for resource and referral.

Thank you for understanding,
Provider
Same time
tenderhearts 11:15 AM 11-01-2016
Hahaha thats the bad thing with me I try to over explain.
Thank you
Tags:terminate - biter, termination letter
Reply Up