Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Reason to Not Serve Juice...
Rockgirl 11:56 AM 12-04-2018
https://start.att.net/news/read/cate...ime-rnewsernor

storybookending 12:06 PM 12-04-2018
Ah I saw this yesterday and forgot I was going to share!
Rockgirl 12:42 PM 12-04-2018
You’d think they would have smelled it while pouring!
jenboo 01:01 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
You’d think they would have smelled it while pouring!
That was my initial thought too!!
sharlan 03:29 PM 12-04-2018
There is no way possible to "accidently" think Pine-sol is apple juice. Pine-sol is very fragrant (odorous?) You smell it as soon as you open the bottle.

I say it was intentional.
Pestle 07:49 AM 12-05-2018
I agree; it was in the original packaging, which doesn't look like juice packaging, and it was on a cleaning cart. Either it was malice or they had a mentally-disabled person on staff with a job too sensitive for them to perform safely.
Blackcat31 08:55 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
There is no way possible to "accidently" think Pine-sol is apple juice. Pine-sol is very fragrant (odorous?) You smell it as soon as you open the bottle.

I say it was intentional.
I agree (about the smell etc) but I don't think it was intentional. I think it was simply a staff person too involved in something else (cell phone, chatting with co-worker etc) and they weren't paying attention.

We see it all the time in every video and/or news story we see in regards to how awful daycares and daycare centers are.....
Rockgirl 09:12 AM 12-05-2018
Years ago, I served apple juice with snack a few days per week. The gallon jugs of juice I bought did resemble a jug of pine-sol, so I can see it happening. Thank goodness the kids weren’t harmed.
Rainbow 01:40 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
There is no way possible to "accidentally" think Pine-sol is apple juice. Pine-sol is very fragrant (odorous?) You smell it as soon as you open the bottle.
I agree something seems fishy about this story. Although most people would notice from the smell (and it seems that the person serving the juice did), I do know of at least a couple people who can't smell anything, so wouldn't figure it out by the smell alone.

I also can't imagine the kids would want to drink more than one sip after tasting it...
Tags:article, fruit juice, juice
Reply Up