Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PHB, Newsletters, Etc
wahmof3 09:51 AM 10-10-2011
When interviewing potential clients what are your procedures for going over your phb, newsletters, etc? Do you read everything to them, or do you expect that they are adult enough to read it on their own? Do you write a newsletter and hand it to you dcf? Do you think they read it or just toss it in their car only to forget about it?

Just curious-

I tried to post my phb online on my website, to save some $$, but Im pretty sure they don't read it.
Pammie 10:13 AM 10-10-2011
[quote=wahmof3;152659]When interviewing potential clients what are your procedures for going over your phb, newsletters, etc? Do you read everything to them, or do you expect that they are adult enough to read it on their own? Do you write a newsletter and hand it to you dcf? Do you think they read it or just toss it in their car only to forget about it?

I email my handbook to potential clients and ask that they review it before scheduling an interview. At the actual interview, I do go through it line by line so there can be no misunderstanding about my policies. During the interview, I hand them a copy of my monthly newsletter and mention things that they can look for each month (learning goals, lunch calendar, etc). We don't go over the newsletter line by line during the interview.

I do a printed monthly newsletter and hand it out to each family. I know some families never read it - but at least I'm putting my information out there.
kendallina 10:14 AM 10-10-2011
I have about three sections of my parent handbook that 'read' to them (I really just summarize it) and ask if they have any questions or concerns. I do tell them to make sure that they read the entire handbook and I joke that there will be a quiz on their first day.

I am very bad at informing parents of things during pick-up/drop-off and I tell them that when they enroll. I say that most communication about important things will happen through email and in my newsletter, which I email to them. For example, I planned a Family outing to the pumpkin patch and informed parents about it in the newsletter. Fortunately everyone read it. otherwise they wouldn't have known about it.

I don't do it to be mean, i just know my limitations and know that I am not good at remembering to talk to parents about these things during pick-up/drop-off. I have 4-5 kids coming/going at the same time, there is just too much to discuss at that time.
Tags:newsletter, phb, potential client
Reply Up