Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Minute Menu Kids vs Calendar Keeper
1vs7omg 10:57 AM 11-01-2011
Hi everyone, still new to the forum and still waiting to get licensed. Been researching mmk; downloaded the free trial, read Tom Copeland's book 'Record-keeping guide' and wondering what is the difference between mmk and the calendar keeper? I see that mmk has a calendar, would I still need the calendar keeper? Does anyone have both or use one over the other? Thanks for any feedback.
sharlan 04:47 PM 11-01-2011
I found that when I used the calendar, I didn't keep it up. I am on the computer 24/7 so keeping up with mmk is easier for me.
Mrs. CC 06:02 PM 11-01-2011
Our Food Program uses MMK, so that made my mind up - MMK it is
daycare 06:16 PM 11-01-2011
I have never seen the other program you are talking about, however, I swear by MMK.

I participate in the online childcare pay program through mmk, so everything for me is super simple as far as my records go with daycare fees.

I create an invoice on the 5th of every month. I bill monthly and the parents pay online at the end of the month one month in advance.

I also love how the categories are broken down for my expenses. As soon as I come home from the store I just throw it in there and have a little pick stand that I put the receipt on. So its all in order and super simple to find at the end of the year or if I need to return something...
awestbrook713 06:31 AM 11-02-2011
I use MMK but bought the calender keeper also, I am a bit anal when it comes to record keeping. I just figure if I can't get on the computer for some reason atleast I will have a back up. I love mmk its the greatest and so easy, but I can't wait to start using my calender keeper too.
morgan24 07:24 AM 11-02-2011
I use the calender keeper, but I have MMK. I am lazy on the computer so the calender keeper is easier for me.
1vs7omg 01:48 PM 11-04-2011
Thank you so much for your input. I'll be having my orientation with the food program next week.
Childminder 09:36 AM 11-05-2011
I used to use the Calendar Keeper but went to MMK when the food program I'm with did. Calendar Keeper is just the on paper equivalent of MMK. Do you want to enter it and do all the work yourself physically, ie: the math, the hand writing, yourself? or do you want the computer to do the work and print out the records in a neat little bundle to take to the tax people?
beachgrl 06:32 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I used to use the Calendar Keeper but went to MMK when the food program I'm with did. Calendar Keeper is just the on paper equivalent of MMK. Do you want to enter it and do all the work yourself physically, ie: the math, the hand writing, yourself? or do you want the computer to do the work and print out the records in a neat little bundle to take to the tax people?
This right here most likely will cause me to get mmk!
Abigail 01:09 PM 11-18-2011
MMK you have to pay a yearly subscription for though right? How much is it? I think my food program offers it a little discounted, but not sure. Can anyone show me what a printed copy looks like?
Childminder 05:23 PM 11-18-2011
Abigail, I paid $70 for it last year. I don't remember what the Calendar Keeper cost, under $20 I think. You can check Redleaf Press.
Checkinkids.com 05:54 PM 02-09-2012
We have a great way to handle time sheets. Doesn't do menus, but this time sheet manager might be the best you'll find....and it's still allowing free lifetime usage for those who sign up now. Here's an overview video: checkinkids overview video -- checkinkids.com
Sunchimes 09:18 PM 02-09-2012
As I said in another thread, I love calendar keeper. I did it on the computer (without MM, just using spreadsheets) last year and I fell behind. I keep it on the table in the playroom so it's always handy. I don't have an ipad or smart phone, and I can't get to the computer all the time but I do have a pencil.

It makes perfect sense to me. I do scan in the calendar pages to the computer at the end of the month, just in case of fire or tornado or something. Takes a few minutes and makes me feel better.

Check amazon.com
Tags:calendar keeper, minute menu kids vs calendar keeper, mmk, tom copeland
Reply Up