Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
CPKK Family Child Care

Smile Appointments To View Child Care

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and just wondering do you guys schedule all your appointments to view your child care one specific day and time of the week or does it depend??

I'm thinking about having all new clients come by one designated weekday... Not sure how it would work though, but it would definitely save me some time...my only exception would be parents who needed care a.s.a.p....

Anyway thanks in advance for your feedback
Old 06-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely
Old 06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Hi! I don't have a specifically designated day/time that I schedule interviews, but I do try to schedule them all on the same day. For instance, I have a couple of openings so I interviewed potential families last Saturday. I chose to fill one spot from that group so now I am interviewing 3 more families tomorrow for the second spot. I don't interview when my DCKs are here so Saturdays or evenings are when I schedule mine.

Hope that helps
Old 06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
CPKK Family Child Care

Yes it does thanks, So you actually interview and chose your parents wisely!!lol..That's great!!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I only do after hours because I dont allow strangers around the kids. I only do interviews if I have a spot open and if parents are wanting to start within 8 weeks, I dont hold spots for longer than that and dont interview way out from the start date. I usually do evenings at 6 pm or the very occasional Saturday, by appt. only, no drop ins.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I schedule interviews on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 5:45 and 6:00 pm. Parents can choose which is most convenient. Of course I am flexible if those days don't work for them, but I have found that giving them two options is better than saying "when do you want to come?".
Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

I usually schedule on a weekend morning. That way I dont have to worry about making sure everything is cleaned up right away after my DCKs leave, I can have family time in the evening, dinner is at a decent hour, etc. I like to get them over with in the mornings and then I have my day to do whatever I had planned. I do make exceptions here and there and do them in the weekday evenings depending on my work load though.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalkat View Post
I schedule interviews on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 5:45 and 6:00 pm. Parents can choose which is most convenient. Of course I am flexible if those days don't work for them, but I have found that giving them two options is better than saying "when do you want to come?".

Thank you....great idea!!! Do you call the client to remind them of their appt??
Old 06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you....great idea!!! Do you call the client to remind them of their appt??
I tell prospective clients to call me 1 hour before arrival to get the address and confirm the interview. Saves the hassle of dealing with no call/no shows.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

I email them with a reminder if the appointment was made over a week before, but otherwise I take my chances on them showing up. Usually they do come. If not I count it as a plus that all my house cleaning is done!

Tags
interview - questions, interview - scheduling