Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yay!
sally 06:47 AM 04-01-2014
Starting today I have a 2 week trial for 2 little boys aged 1 and 3. So far so good. I hope this works out!!!
CraftyMom 07:00 AM 04-01-2014

llpa 07:15 AM 04-01-2014
good luck!!!
DaisyMamma 07:44 AM 04-01-2014
That's great!
KidGrind 10:10 AM 04-01-2014
My they be joys to take care of and their parents sane, reasonable, policy following and delights as clients!
Second Home 11:02 AM 04-01-2014

sally 07:49 AM 04-02-2014
UGGGG If only we could pick the kids we like and let go of the siblings. The 1 year old is the sweetest, cutest little guy. BUT his 3 year old brother is a horror. He doesn't like to listen, only pick up toys when I threaten that he won't be able to play with them the next time, and is just the kids I like to avoid. The mom is great but struggles with him at home also so I don't know how to get him in line.
llpa 07:59 AM 04-02-2014
Rot roh! You can do it! Be firm and consistent. one of mine was like that and for the first week he was only allowed to get out one item and then had to put it away before another one came out. When he wouldn't pickup I just told him it was ok he could just keep playing w that toy until ready to pick up. He eventually "got it". Good luck today!!
Second Home 08:07 AM 04-02-2014
Stay strong .

I repeat myself a million times a day but I know they will eventually get it . It takes a while for them to get into your routine .

Stay consistent with you rules and repeat , repeat , repeat.

I let the kids to play with one thing at a time , when they are done they need to put it back . If not I tell them - oops we need to clean up puppets first . If they refuse then they can not play with anything else until they clean up the first toy . Sometimes depending on the child I help them clean up at first until they get the idea .
sally 06:58 AM 04-11-2014
Well our 2 week trial ends today and the boys have been doing great, parents are great, been paying on time. Mom said she's happy her boys are doing great BUT she's pregnant and due in October. Would I be able to take baby also? I do not have any baby equipment. The absolute youngest I can take is 6-9 months. Mom says would you be willing to pick up cheap baby equipment at garage sales this summer and take the baby too? Hubby and I talked it over and its too good to pass up. The only thing is I'll have to change some plans as all my other kids will be older. I almost think I'm crazy for taking on a newborn but I will really like the steady income and the parents have been great.
bklsmum 07:00 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
Well our 2 week trial ends today and the boys have been doing great, parents are great, been paying on time. Mom said she's happy her boys are doing great BUT she's pregnant and due in October. Would I be able to take baby also? I do not have any baby equipment. The absolute youngest I can take is 6-9 months. Mom says would you be willing to pick up cheap baby equipment at garage sales this summer and take the baby too? Hubby and I talked it over and its too good to pass up. The only thing is I'll have to change some plans as all my other kids will be older. I almost think I'm crazy for taking on a newborn but I will really like the steady income and the parents have been great.

You can find a lot of stuff for free as well on Craigslist and Freecycle.
sally 07:06 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
You can find a lot of stuff for free as well on Craigslist and Freecycle.
I wish I could. We live is a small town compared to most cities. There is no Craigslist for our city. The nearest city that does Craigslist is 1 to 2 hours away. We do have For Sale Or Swap pages for our town on Facebook so I can look on there.
Tags:new children
Reply Up