Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do Your Kids Nap
daycare 09:54 PM 06-10-2014
So I am struggling with my house size. I have to sleep 12 kids daily and my front room is sooooo small. The dinning room area is an open floor plan to the kitchen. Would it be weird to have the kids sleeping in the dinning room area even though it is close to the fridge, on tile and not too far from the stove/sink??
Is it bedtime yet? 10:30 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
So I am struggling with my house size. I have to sleep 12 kids daily and my front room is sooooo small. The dinning room area is an open floor plan to the kitchen. Would it be weird to have the kids sleeping in the dinning room area even though it is close to the fridge, on tile and not too far from the stove/sink??
I have kids everywhere but the bathroom. Lol.
Meyou 04:00 AM 06-11-2014
Maybe you could get a folding screen to divide the space at naptime? So they were in the dining room but it was blocked off visually from the kitchen?

I'm not much help. I only have 6 kids at time. Under 2's sleep in my family room in pack and plays and over 2's sleep on mats in the playroom.
Unregistered 04:22 AM 06-11-2014
My daycare is located in the lower level of my home,1100 sq. feet. We use the main play area for nap time. They sleep on cots that are stored in the laundry room when not in use.
I would not sleep children in the kitchen area,it doesn't seem like it would be comfortable.
Do you mind me asking how big your daycare area is? It sounds like you may not have room for 12 kids.
taylorw1210 05:13 AM 06-11-2014
I have a large family room that I set most of the kids up in. Either on cots or in pnp's. I do have one baby that I sleep in a separate room, but I'm hoping he'll be ready to transition to the nap area once he goes from 2 naps a day to 1.
sally 06:24 AM 06-11-2014
I have 1 dc baby who sleeps in a pnp in my bedroom, my own dd2 sleeps in her own room and the other dc kids sleep in the livingroom.
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 06-11-2014
Are you required to have a certain amount of space per child?

If you have that amount, there should be plenty of room for the kids to nap.

My 10-12 kiddos nap within two different rooms. I have one bedroom set up like a living room so preschoolers nap in the living room and the toddlers nap in their "living room".
daycare 06:59 AM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Are you required to have a certain amount of space per child?

If you have that amount, there should be plenty of room for the kids to nap.

My 10-12 kiddos nap within two different rooms. I have one bedroom set up like a living room so preschoolers nap in the living room and the toddlers nap in their "living room".
I have the amount of space needed. I think my issue maybe is needing to rearrange my set up. My old house I had three very large rooms. Here I only have two large room and one HUGE backyard.

So I gave up the 3rd room for the backyard.

We sleep on the lifted blue cots, so the kids are not sleeping on the ground and those things take up some space. I have six kids that are HUGE and they require the extra long cots (yes all under 5) and then of course the regular size cots too.
Blackcat31 07:04 AM 06-11-2014
I have the amount of space needed. I think my issue maybe is needing to rearrange my set up. My old house I had three very large rooms. Here I only have two large room and one HUGE backyard.

So I gave up the 3rd room for the backyard.

We sleep on the lifted blue cots, so the kids are not sleeping on the ground and those things take up some space. I have six kids that are HUGE and they require the extra long cots (yes all under 5) and then of course the regular size cots too.
Oh okay...I understand... losing a room would make a HUGE difference!

Maybe you will need to rearrange some shelving or toy boxes or whatever furniture you have... sometimes i have a large book case that I have to slide out of the way temporarily to make room.

Seems there is NEVER enough room here either and I have a whole house.
daycare 07:06 AM 06-11-2014

Maybe you will need to rearrange some shelving or toy boxes or whatever furniture you have... sometimes i have a large book case that I have to slide out of the way temporarily to make room.

My hubby is excited, he thinks that we are just not going to take everything with us....lol

little does he know, his garage man cave is going to be the DC supply closet...lol

yes it does seem like we hardly have space even in my house now.. we have the entire downstairs..... 1852 SF
Meyou 08:28 AM 06-11-2014

This is probably the answer. I know I had to fiddle with my playroom setup so I can easily get all the cots out at naptime without rearranging the whole room. PITA!!! I have two cots that are extra long too. No reason...just on sale.
daycare 08:31 AM 06-11-2014
glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue.... I think that if I am able to rethink my DC layout and setup I can get it.

I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be weird to have the kids nap in the dinning room area... this is where are circle time is, we don't have any adult size furniture in the whole house....
nothingwithoutjoy 08:32 AM 06-11-2014
I don't think it's weird to have them napping on a tile floor, since they are on cots. On mats, I'd think that would be too cold/hard.
Play Care 09:10 AM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
I don't think it's weird to have them napping on a tile floor, since they are on cots. On mats, I'd think that would be too cold/hard.

Reply Up