Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DC Family Wants To Change Hours
sally 02:53 PM 10-03-2014
My pain in the butt family wants to change hours. Right now they are all over the place sometimes early morning hours (5:45am) sometimes not until 10 am and all drop off hours in between. They always pick up between 2:30 and 3:30 which I really enjoy being done by 3:30. Dcm is taking a different position at work with more money and the hours will be 8am so only the 3 yr old dcb until 5:00 -5:30 (she's not 100% sure on the pick up time yet) so I would have school aged dcg after school until then too. This isn't changing until November so I have time to decide if I want to go with the change, or let them go. Also I was wondering if I should use this time to change up my contract and raise my rates. Right now I get $2.75 per hour for dcb and $2.50 an hour for dcg. Which our rate in our city is anywhere from $2.50 to $4.00. I don't know what to do.
rosieteddy 03:04 PM 10-03-2014
Perfect time to change rate and contract. I would defineately go with at least $4.00 an hour 330-5;30.at least $32.00 per day for younger child and at least $8:00 a day for part time.I would spell out if older child adds a full day (school vacations or days off )full day rate of $32.00.Good luck.
hope 03:05 PM 10-03-2014
What time is your last pick up with your other daycare kids? If you do agree to it you should be very straight forward with the hours. Make the drop off and pick up times exact times so there is no early/late problems. Definitely raise your rates since this is a change in contract.
sally 03:11 PM 10-03-2014
I was also thinking of making it a 3 day minimum so that I would always have some income and charge for the weeks they take off (using the 3 day minimum) but not charge for the days I close. What do you think of that?
rosieteddy 03:25 PM 10-03-2014
I do have a three day minimum.It makes for a better fit with the children.I think you should charge for the spot ,if you take time vacations ,sick day you should get paid I have 3 weeks vacation 5 personal days and sickdays (never used)all paid.
daycare 03:26 PM 10-03-2014
so how many other kids do you have?

do you have anyone else that stays that late?
sally 03:35 PM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
so how many other kids do you have?

do you have anyone else that stays that late?
Right now these are my only ones besides a school age boy mornings and after school but with him he's only here a couple days a week if that and I get $25 a week for him. Its so hard my my small city to get kids. Looking on our state website for our city there are almost 50 registered daycares and then we legally don't have to be registered if we care for less than 5 kids at a time so there are dozens more that aren't registered.
daycare 03:38 PM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
Right now these are my only ones besides a school age boy mornings and after school but with him he's only here a couple days a week if that and I get $25 a week for him. Its so hard my my small city to get kids. Looking on our state website for our city there are almost 50 registered daycares and then we legally don't have to be registered if we care for less than 5 kids at a time so there are dozens more that aren't registered.
so if they are your only kids then you will be working much longer days right.

I would seriously consider a rate increase and set hours that are contracted.

I contract families from 745 to 530, if you want to come before 745, its going to cost you more, but I refuse to stay past 530. I wont open any earlier than 730.

I would place a new contract with new rates and give it to them.
sally 03:46 PM 10-03-2014
I think that is what I'll do, Thank you Daycare!
daycare 03:49 PM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
I think that is what I'll do, Thank you Daycare!
sure..... best of luck on your business adventures.

if you can afford the low cost of $28.00, give Nannyde try. She has an amazing consulting business and she really really helped me.

Just recent, ( i have not even told her yet) she helped me raise my rates. I just enrolled a new family from my old rate of 215 a week to the new rate of $265...........

So my old clients have not gotten the raise letter yet, but new families are now enrolling at $265 a week...... that is a little high for in-home daycare, but I have a preschool program that I run, so it helps it run top notch.
Reply Up