Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>need advice for end of year taxed
sally 06:44 AM 02-10-2015
One daycare dad has 2 children. 1 is before and after school which the grandparents had paid me every week from school starting until end of year. I gave the grandparents their total with my EIN#. The dad only paid 1 drop in fee for his daughter once. His total is $35.00. He says he paid the grandparents after they paid me and wants to claim their amount. (They have not given him that amount as of yet -he wants me to give it to him) what if they do or he just comes up with his own amount? My taxes are already filed and I turned in my exact amounts from each payer. What will happen or what else can I tell him because he seems to think that since he paid his parents he can claim that he paid me.
TomCopeland 07:22 AM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by sally:
One daycare dad has 2 children. 1 is before and after school which the grandparents had paid me every week from school starting until end of year. I gave the grandparents their total with my EIN#. The dad only paid 1 drop in fee for his daughter once. His total is $35.00. He says he paid the grandparents after they paid me and wants to claim their amount. (They have not given him that amount as of yet -he wants me to give it to him) what if they do or he just comes up with his own amount? My taxes are already filed and I turned in my exact amounts from each payer. What will happen or what else can I tell him because he seems to think that since he paid his parents he can claim that he paid me.
You did the right thing. Let the father work it out with the grandparents. You don't know whether he paid them or not. If he claims more than he is entitled to, your records will show that he is wrong. You should only give receipts to those who pay you, and there is no requirement that you give a receipt at all.
Reply Up