Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop Off Cut Off Time?
Unregistered 10:59 AM 08-25-2015
If this has been asked befor I am sorry! Do any of you have a cut off time for drops offs? I had a kid get dropped off at 12:30 today lunch was nearly over and their was no food left I had to make a sandwhich for this child. I also have a mom on maternity who is terrible with drop offs and no shows I need to address this issues but want advice from all you wonderful care givers.
Thank You!
Annalee 11:04 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If this has been asked befor I am sorry! Do any of you have a cut off time for drops offs? I had a kid get dropped off at 12:30 today lunch was nearly over and their was no food left I had to make a sandwhich for this child. I also have a mom on maternity who is terrible with drop offs and no shows I need to address this issues but want advice from all you wonderful care givers.
Thank You!
My cut-off is 8:00 AM...sign on the door reads "All children must arrive by 8:00 AM or be considered absent for the day!"....I open at 6 but once signed in they receive 9.5 hours not to exceed 4:30. Good luck!
Unregistered 12:20 PM 08-25-2015
I also started a drop off cut off time because I was having the same problem as you. My drop off policy is drop off by 9am, no call/no show by 9am child will be considered absent. I understand parents may run late now and then, so if they are running late they must inform me by 9am however, I do not accept any drop off after 10am.
Controlled Chaos 12:28 PM 08-25-2015
I never needed one in the past but I am considering adding one to my handbook when I update in January. I am thinking 9, though if they arrive after 830 they miss our major craft/sensory activity of the day. I have a child who was getting droppe off at 10 for a while and it was driving me crazy!
Unregistered 02:57 PM 08-25-2015
I don't care as long as I'm getting paid lol.They may have to wait at the door if I'm busy. They know my meal cut off time. I'm very clear on that.
Stephnrich 07:08 AM 08-26-2015
Breakfast waters need to be here by 8:30, all final drop offs by 9:00 unless there's a medical appt. I'm aware of previously.
Indianadaycare 07:19 AM 08-26-2015
I have it in my contract no drop offs past 8:30 and preferred no later than 8:00. If parents complain or ask why, I tell them it's too disruptive and their child will miss important interaction with me and the other children that helps them adjust to daycare.
Fiddlesticks 07:27 AM 08-26-2015
I do not have a drop off cut off time, but most of my kids come at the exact same time every day, so I haven't felt the need for one. I have had children that have appointments or something else going on and are dropped off at a different time than normal, when the parent tells me of the change I always tell them to feed the child before drop off if I think they might miss it. I do not do flexible meals (meaning everyone eats at the sam time, whether they arrive at 7 or 9…) so if the child is not in my home when I begin preparing the meal, I will not be preparing a meal for them. Period.
littletots 12:12 PM 08-26-2015
I don't have drop off limit, I stay on meal schedule, I do expect curiosity call/text/email letting me know of drop off change.
midaycare 01:12 PM 08-26-2015
I have 8 kids, 6 every day, only 3 full time. Out of the 8, 3 of them have varying schedules. Sometimes a dck is dropped off at 7:00 am (my opening), and sometimes not until 11:00 am. Sometimes a dck is picked up at 11:30 am, and sometimes at 6:00 pm.

I try to encourage parents to spend as much time as possible with their kids. So if they are here for an 8:00 am dropoff, that might be great for me, but I don't think it's better for the child if they could spend more time with mom and/or dad.

That's just my personal philosophy. I know a lot of people here have cut off times. And that is the beauty of running your own business!
midaycare 01:19 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
I don't have drop off limit, I stay on meal schedule, I do expect curiosity call/text/email letting me know of drop off change.
Absolutely. I expect a text the night before if you will not be there at opening time, and a text the day of if dcf's will be later than our prearranged time.
childcaremom 01:21 PM 08-26-2015
I do. It is 8:30 am. Some of the dcks are fine to come in and get right at it but I find it easier if they all have a little bit of time to transition into the day before we get started.

I mostly do it for above but have recently come across families who would let their children sleep in till late morning, or have 3 hour morning naps, which throws them off the group sync. I find it much easier if we are all in sync with our day.

I do make exceptions for doc appts, etc but need to be notified ahead of time.

The majority of my families all have to work early anyways so it's not a huge issue for anyone.
Crazy8 05:01 PM 08-26-2015
I do not have a written policy but have addressed it in the past when there is a problem. I am fine with kids coming in up till 9-9:30 but any later than that and we may not be here. If parents communicate and its an occasional thing I am flexible.
renodeb 10:04 AM 08-27-2015
I don't have one but I had a friend who had a cut off of 9:00am and it worked well for her.
Debbie
originalkat 10:48 AM 08-28-2015
Children must arrive by 8:30 each day. If there is an occasional need for them to drop off later than this then I expect them to let me know prior. No drop offs past noon.
Thriftylady 12:38 PM 08-28-2015
If I haven't heard from you within an hour, I will call you a no call no show an hour after your drop off time.
Reply Up