Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What unique/special/fun thing does your dc have?
misspollywog 03:35 PM 10-13-2011
Does anyone else have special/unique/fun things you offer that most dc's don't??

We have a petting zoo. It's not big really; a horse, a pygmy goat and soon a couple of chickens and maybe a duck - the kids love it. We also have a small goldfish pond and are adding a bigger one (fenced, of course) that they can throw food into from the play yard. I'm thinking a pumpkin patch this spring would be fun. Oh, and this weekend the hubs is getting a load of straw bales and we're doing a pretty good sized straw maze for the kids, which everyone is excited about, (including me because I'm a dork like that).

So what do you have that makes you stand out from the others and do you think it gives you an edge over the competition?
Pammie 03:46 PM 10-13-2011
Wow! I want to come and play at your house!

I think what I offer that sets me apart from other home daycares in my area isn't tangible.

It's my education (BS degrees in Child Development and Nutrition Education) and my experience and stability (24 straight years of providing daycare).

Those are the points that seen to sell my daycare to new clients.
Kaddidle Care 04:14 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:
What unique/special/fun thing does your dc have?
ME! I'm unique/special and fun!
laundrymom 04:27 PM 10-13-2011
I think that's cool. I want to play!!

I offer 24 years of references, including my pediatrician, dentist, teachers, pastors, and our one time mayor. I have my degree in ece, I'm a friendly and outgoing person. I don't drink, smoke or call in sick. I welcome the kids I to my house, home, heart and life. It's more than a job to me. It's a calling.
daycare 04:28 PM 10-13-2011
I offer a program called community in the classroom...

I take the kids out once a week on a field trip in our community. Ex:

police dept
fire dept
train station
fish hachery
pumpkin patch
rehab facility for injured horses volunteer
grocery store
farms
senior community to sing songs at christams
garen and harvesting classes in the community
animal shelters
vol opportunities
community clean up
plant a tree
we are also participatin in the letsmove.gov program
we just went to a gym where we got to do a fee hour workout in a childrens gym
ranger rick, ranger lead hikes
fishing
and we go to the library once week
sports programs during the summer months or art

theres more, I just cant think of it....lol
misspollywog 05:03 PM 10-13-2011
Loving the responses!

I especially love the community outreach thing! What a great idea. It is now on my list of the million and one cool things I've learned here that I want to start doing.
Reply Up