Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Already Dreading Thursday

My PT screamr hasn't been here since the Monday before last. She will be here on Thursday. That's a whole lot of time to be spoiled rotten by being held and canceling out all of the hard work I have been doing to try and help her be more independent.

I may also have my new DCG (3 mo) starting that day (either tomorrow or Thursday mom said) so that will be interesting with me completely full and dealing with the screamer. I have already decided that if they screaming is as bad as it always is, she will be going home!!

Pointless thread but just thinking out loud.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

do you have enough kids to term her yet?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

I feel a sickness coming on.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 AM

A screamer along with a new baby on the same day? That spells disaster!! I would do the same; I would send the screamer home if the screaming continues! Good luck!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
do you have enough kids to term her yet?
Yes just working up the nerve to term her. I've never done it before :/
Old 06-19-2012, 10:11 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Yikes! I know terming can be difficult, but you have to do what's best for you and your business. You'll feel so much better once you just get it over with, and don't have to worry about it anymore.

Good luck!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:29 AM

oh yea! if you can do it, then do it!
how to do it, that's a whole other thread... lol
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
Yes just working up the nerve to term her. I've never done it before :/
Have a letter ready to go on Thursday that provides for a two week notice (assuming that is what you contract says). Let them know when the last date of available care will be.

I personally do not charge anything for the two weeks notice if they prefer to leave immediately.

I would also give as short an answer as you can about the reason why. You dont need to go into every detail. You dont need to justify your decision.

"Hey Katie, I wanted to let you know that I have decided to no longer provide care for Madison. I feel that my daycare is not the right fit for her needs and want to provide you and her with the opportunity to find a provider that is able to meet her needs better than I can. There is a letter in her diaper bag that details what our next step will be."