Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Heat Related Deaths
Country Kids 01:51 PM 08-14-2012
I just heard on the radio in the first week of August this year 8 children lost their lives due to being left in cars. That is horrible-
Southernmama 07:23 PM 08-14-2012
Two of those happened here, right around the corner ( literally) from my house. Mom put her 2yr old and 3yr old in the car and went back inside and fell asleep!!!
Another happened about 30mins away where a mother forgot to drop her baby off at daycare and when she went to the daycare that afternoon they informed her he was never dropped off, she ran to the van where she found him. . It was his 2nd day at daycare and she said it wasn't part of her normal routine. She took the baby and another child to school but never dropped the baby off and went home and the baby died. I just can't believe she didn't notice his seat/diaper bag on the way BACK to daycare, I mean didn't she have to back out of drive way etc and his seat was behind the passengers seats. It's absolutely heartbreaking.
Breezy 07:28 PM 08-14-2012
I just dont understand it. I really don't and I hope I am never in a position to understand it iykwim. Tragedies.
EchoMom 07:30 PM 08-14-2012
How could she not have seen his body in his carseat??? OMG, I can't even think of such things, the thought of losing my DS is horrible enough, but then to see that image and the emotions and thoughts that must run through your head. That's just too much to even think about, way too sad!!!
Crazy8 07:05 AM 08-15-2012
I read an article about this last week and posted it on my daycare FB page reminding parents if you are late or don't show I am going to hunt you down....

http://pediatrics.about.com/b/2012/0...e-you-lock.htm

so sad, so tragic and so unnecessary. all you need to do is LOOK before you LOCK. So many of these were older toddlers, not infants sleeping with sleep deprived new parents (not that that's an excuse either but it used to be more of what you heard happening).
crazydaycarelady 07:23 AM 08-15-2012
I think it is just a sign of what our world has come too - gone are the days when mom stayed home with the kids. Now days parents are overworked, exhausted, stressed, and distracted. It's really unfortunate.
Reply Up