Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Days Are You Closed This Summer?
laceylmm 08:26 AM 03-31-2014
I'd like to take two weeks off. I can't decide if it's best to do a full week off and two half weeks or just two full weeks. My one mom is really bad about a back up and already messed up my one day off during Spring break by not planning ahead. So what days are you taking off? I really want to be able to enjoy my own kids throughout the summer.
KidGrind 08:32 AM 03-31-2014
A DCF not planning for appropriate back up care has NOTHING to do with your days off or plans.

Do what is best for you!
VTMom 08:36 AM 03-31-2014
I'm taking off July 3rd and 4th, a week in August for a family vacation, and Labor day.

I agree with the other poster...their lack of planning should not impact your vacation.
CraftyMom 08:37 AM 03-31-2014
I am closed for holidays, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.

I took 3 Fridays to close early and one Friday I am closed to go camping

And a full week in August

Do what works best for you
craftymissbeth 08:42 AM 03-31-2014
I'm only taking off the 4th this summer, but I think I'll add an extra day in there somewhere so we can go camping.

I agree that their lack of planning has nothing to do with you. Plan your time off and don't give them a second thought. Dcm probably figures you'll take them anyway if she doesn't find a back up... so she probably barely tries, kwim?
snbauser 09:09 AM 03-31-2014
July 4th - August 3rd
MotherNature 09:29 AM 03-31-2014
I'm off for Memorial Day,Labor Day, and close early on July 4th. I'm taking my 2 weeks paid vacation both at the end of August as maternity leave.
llpa 05:45 PM 03-31-2014
Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Last week in July
Crazy8 06:28 PM 03-31-2014
I haven't really decided yet. I take the usual Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day but we are not taking any real vacations this summer so I thought of just taking Fridays off for the summer, but I can also probably do that without much issue from families w/o using my vacation days for it. I may just take a few long weekends. This is the first summer in a long time that I don't have any teachers kids so it will be a full working summer if I don't take something and my kids are getting older and are bored if I'm stuck working every day.
Annalee 10:54 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by VTMom:
I'm taking off July 3rd and 4th, a week in August for a family vacation, and Labor day.

I agree with the other poster...their lack of planning should not impact your vacation.
During the Summer I take off the Friday before Memorial Day, July 3 and 4 as well and the week before Labor Day. Parents know ahead of time and some will still have that look on their face at how disgruntled they are, but generally no words are spoken because of my non-negotiable face I get paid 52 week a yr! Only providers on this board can understand how happy this makes me!
jenboo 11:33 AM 04-01-2014
Labor day, memorial day, 4 th of July and a whole week in July for vacation!
I'm excited
sally 12:22 PM 04-01-2014
I am taking off several Fridays so I can take my kids camping with my friends and their kids to make longer weekends. I'm also taking Memorial Day, the last week of June, July 4th and several days in August
Tags:schedule - summer, summer
Reply Up