Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yay! Got my cameras!
kitykids3 07:50 AM 05-30-2014
I've been wanting a surveillance system for my daycare and house for at least a couple years. I finally ordered one and got it a couple weeks ago. Last night I finally got the first 2 of 8 cameras hooked up and dvr all hooked up and set up and running. Hung up my first camera this morning. We're in business. Yay! Just wanted to share since I've been wanting this for so long. And to think someone was going to charge me $200 for something I can figure out on my own.
Second Home 08:15 AM 05-30-2014

KDC 08:17 AM 05-30-2014
Are you looking to give parents access to the cameras through their smart phones/computers, or are these purely for you? I have added an app through my ipad (baby monitor) where I can view my playroom with my smart phone. It works great when you need to go to the bathroom, or make snacks/lunch in the kitchen. I'm always within earshot, and most times see them, but find if I need extra assurance I can hook that up and it works well.

I always thought about giving parents access, but have heard stories from my neighbor that had a nanny share with camera access for viewing and it did NOT sound good at all. They would watch the nanny like a hawk and every little thing, they'd text the nanny. "My child wants that book, why aren't you giving it to him? I think my child needs a snack, he looks hungry. Did you see that kid push my kid?!?"

Just being nosey, since I was looking into this =)
permanentvacation 08:18 AM 05-30-2014
Congrats!
LysesKids 08:26 AM 05-30-2014
I have outdoor cameras and motion detector lights, especially helpful after dark. I won't do indoor ones because it's just myself and 3 babies; one parent is a private investigator, if he had issues with me I would already know it lol.

The cameras were put up originally to catch the people who are letting dogs poop in my yard and not cleaning it more than anything, but if I need to, I can watch from my phone if I'm out running errands or away on weekends, so it is a security thing too
midaycare 09:14 AM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by KDC:
Are you looking to give parents access to the cameras through their smart phones/computers, or are these purely for you? I have added an app through my ipad (baby monitor) where I can view my playroom with my smart phone. It works great when you need to go to the bathroom, or make snacks/lunch in the kitchen. )
What is that app? I'm curious, sounds great!
LysesKids 09:37 AM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
What is that app? I'm curious, sounds great!
I don't which one hers is, but my App is for my specific camera… free download thru mydlink.com. I'm pretty sure all cameras have different apps - mine also allows me to hear whats going on and I can snap a still frame off the computer or my phone if i need to save a pic
KDC 09:41 AM 05-30-2014
The baby monitor is called Cloud Baby Monitor. You just put it on both phones, It's $3 -- and I downloaded it to my computer and put it on my other devices so it was only $3 total. The reach is only within my wireless range, but they just upgraded it so you can purchase long range. It even has a microphone so I can communicate with them via smart phone =)
SignMeUp 10:08 AM 05-30-2014
The baby monitor is called Cloud Baby Monitor. You just put it on both phones, It's $3 -- and I downloaded it to my computer and put it on my other devices so it was only $3 total. The reach is only within my wireless range, but they just upgraded it so you can purchase long range. It even has a microphone so I can communicate with them via smart phone =)
Can you tell me exactly what I would need? This could really ease up the current enforcement here on having eyes on every child at every minute.

Currently I have an android tablet, laptop computer, wireless connection, and a dumb phone
So I'm wondering if I could use more than one baby monitor (bathroom, bedroom, playroom) and view it on my tablet or laptop ...???

And ... are you saying you can both hear the kids and talk to them through it? This would be so cool They already think I have eyes in the back of my head and now I could project my voice too?

Any advice/knowledge/suggestions? I appreciate it
kitykids3 10:26 AM 05-30-2014
Are you looking to give parents access to the cameras through their smart phones/computers, or are these purely for you? I have added an app through my ipad (baby monitor) where I can view my playroom with my smart phone. It works great when you need to go to the bathroom, or make snacks/lunch in the kitchen. I'm always within earshot, and most times see them, but find if I need extra assurance I can hook that up and it works well.

I always thought about giving parents access, but have heard stories from my neighbor that had a nanny share with camera access for viewing and it did NOT sound good at all. They would watch the nanny like a hawk and every little thing, they'd text the nanny. "My child wants that book, why aren't you giving it to him? I think my child needs a snack, he looks hungry. Did you see that kid push my kid?!?"

Just being nosey, since I was looking into this =)
Oh no, parents and employees would not have access. I got 8. 2 will be outside the doors and the others inside. It's for me to record to see what happens when I am gone and once I set it up on my tablet I will be able to see when I am gone too. It's all to stop potential thieves of shipments when I'm gone and to make sure things are going smoothly with the kids and employees when I am gone. No way am I adding drama from letting the parents have access.
KDC 10:54 AM 05-30-2014
I have an ipad and an iphone, so all I had to do was put the app on both my ipad and iphone. I put the ipad in the playroom and click child unit, and set it up where I could see the the space. I would click 'parent unit' on my iphone and would have a visual/hearing of them wherever me and my iphone are. Then I could use the microphone to say, stop sending toys down the slide, or 1 book at a time, or go potty! Works GREAT!!! Use it every stinkin day!

You could probably set it up on your tablet, put in space you want to see, and watch it from your computer (since you have a dumb phone)... or use this as an excuse to upgrade?

Maybe Tom Copeland could let us know if this could be written off some way too =)
SignMeUp 11:01 AM 05-30-2014
I have an ipad and an iphone, so all I had to do was put the app on both my ipad and iphone. I put the ipad in the playroom and click child unit, and set it up where I could see the the space. I would click 'parent unit' on my iphone and would have a visual/hearing of them wherever me and my iphone are. Then I could use the microphone to say, stop sending toys down the slide, or 1 book at a time, or go potty! Works GREAT!!! Use it every stinkin day!

You could probably set it up on your tablet, put in space you want to see, and watch it from your computer (since you have a dumb phone)... or use this as an excuse to upgrade?

Maybe Tom Copeland could let us know if this could be written off some way too =)
So, no actual cameras! Nice Hmm. It sounds so good I use my tablet for staying in touch with dc parents and pics of the kids. No family close by, so it's exclusive dc use already. If I could make this work, it might be worth having a second tablet.
Reply Up