Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Hit My Daycare
momtomany74 03:24 AM 12-05-2014
It finally happened. The stomach bug! Been open since June without having more than a mild cold hit all the kids and within hours yesterday two kids are down. One of the four dck being my own. I closed for today. First time I've had to close. Do you guys close when it sweeps through your daycare so quickly?
Rockgirl 03:52 AM 12-05-2014
Ugh--I'm sorry! At least by Monday, everyone should be done with it. I haven't closed unless I'm sick, but I would if I felt it was necessary.
momtomany74 04:24 AM 12-05-2014
I hate to close but felt it was the right thing to do. The dcb I sent home Thursday spent the morning walking around crying before he threw up after I put him down for a nap. The other dck are 18m and 7m. Tough call but nobody wants to have vomiting kids to take care of. Oh well hopefully parents will understand why we have sick policies and not use the excuse of "they've already been exposed, can't I bring dcb/dcg anyway?"

I'll be deep cleaning and sanitizing all day. Blegh.
Rockgirl 06:19 AM 12-05-2014
I think you made the right call. Hope you stay well!
_Dana_ 07:02 AM 12-05-2014
Good call. After you're done disinfecting...be sure to eat well, take some vitamins, and get some extra sleep to keep from getting it yourself.
momtomany74 07:26 AM 12-05-2014
Thanks ladies. Only heard back from one of the two standing families. Half expecting a knock on my door any minute now.
earlystart 10:10 AM 12-05-2014
I've had it go through my daycare before, it was like every day a different kid would call in sick, then I'd hear that their whole family got it. Everyone was willing to follow the 24 hour symptom-free policy, so I didn't feel the need to close. Luckily I'm immune to pretty much everything at this point, and when my son got sick I was able to send him to his grandma's for the day. Otherwise I would have had to close for my own son being sick.
Tags:illness, stomach bug
Reply Up