Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle>Gluten Free Pizza
Sheri 01:44 PM 10-21-2013
Generally, our family eats pretty healthy. Avoiding, gluten, sugars and bad fats. But once in a while we get a craving for pizza.

Generally my baking consists of using flours such as almond flour and or coconut flour but occasionally we really want a good pizza that tastes close to the real deal. So this is considered a cheat meal while still being relatively healthy.

I use Pamela’s Bread Mix. I think it’s one of the best ones out there. You can find it at most health food stores and I've even seen it at the regular grocery store. Just follow her directions for the pizza crust. I add-in the following ingredients before blending: 1tsp of Italian seasoning, ½ tsp of garlic powder, ½ tsp of onion powder and about 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. I make my own tomato sauce, that way I control the ingredients. Always organic tomato sauce and cold pressed olive oil, onions, garlic and seasonings. I make the sauce while the dough is resting. Then, while the dough is baking, I prep the toppings. Usually lots of veggies and easy on the mozzarella. Everyone loves pepperoni, so of course it’s a good quality one made without Nitrates or Nitrites, and no antibiotics. The recipe makes enough dough for two pizzas, so I make one with pepperoni and one with veggies and pepperoni. I've also made BBQ chicken, goat cheese and sun dried tomato, Hawaiian, Thai chicken and so much more. This is a meal the whole family enjoys. I've even made this for parties and no one knew that it was gluten free. Everyone thought the pizza was amazing.
Attached: pizza.jpg (163.4 KB) 
e.j. 02:11 PM 10-21-2013
Sounds good! I'll have to try this for my dd. She's tried a few frozen gluten free pizza but they just aren't the same as "real" pizza.
Jennie M. Martin 04:54 AM 07-17-2014
Thanks for sharing such useful recipe I will definitely try it. I am loving pizza and always in search of different pizza recipes. The idea of using Pamela’s Bread Mix is something which I really like. My family loves to eat pizza when I will make your recipe at home they will surely feel very happy.
Michael 01:57 PM 07-17-2014
Welcome to the forum. Since that first post was written, gluten free foods have gotten so much better, especially here in California. Many restaurants now serve gluten free pizza and have gluten free menus. I found that ordering extra pizza sauce makes it better since they have to cook it hotter then a regular pizza.
PalmaHall 06:20 PM 06-08-2017
Nice recipe! Well done.
Tags:gluten free, healthy, pamela’s bread mix, recipe - organic
Reply Up