Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle>Oil Pulling Anyone???
Jack Sprat 01:02 PM 03-07-2014
I bought organic coconut oil, for oil pulling. Has anyone tried this? I'm going to try it tonight. I have read that morning is better, but that would mean getting up a bit earlier to have time to drink coffee and do the oil pulling. And, frankly I'm to lazy to get up any earlier and to addicted to coffee to cut that short.
daycare 01:05 PM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
I bought organic coconut oil, for oil pulling. Has anyone tried this? I'm going to try it tonight. I have read that morning is better, but that would mean getting up a bit earlier to have time to drink coffee and do the oil pulling. And, frankly I'm to lazy to get up any earlier and to addicted to coffee to cut that short.
do you mean like Indian medicine? I think its called Hita?
morgan24 01:06 PM 03-07-2014
I tried it today for the first time. I only lasted ten minutes and I used to much and gagged myself. I had never heard of it until my daughter send me a link to a blog about it. I'm going to try to do it everyday.
Jack Sprat 01:08 PM 03-07-2014
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...62578216,d.b2I

Wow that is a long link! I have also read of other benefits besides oral health.
morgan24 01:13 PM 03-07-2014
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...62578216,d.b2I

Wow that is a long link! I have also read of other benefits besides oral health.
Thanks for the link. I love wellnessmama! I never read that one before.
daycare 01:16 PM 03-07-2014
this was very common in my home country as a child, but I don't think we did it. 20minutes is way too long for me to keep my mouth shut....lol
NeedaVaca 01:28 PM 03-07-2014
What a coincidence! I JUST mentioned this in my Manuka Honey & Bee Venom post
Michael 02:30 PM 03-07-2014
I do oil pulling with organic coconut oil. I use a tablespoon full and swish while I take a shower for 20 minutes. Don't swallow or spit it down the drain. Just spit it out in the trash or napkin when finished.

This is the one I prefer:

I also use their coconut butter in my tea.
drseuss 02:41 PM 03-07-2014
I do exactly what Michael does. Twenty minutes in the shower. The first time I did it, I wasn't sure if I could hack 'chewing' up the coconut oil to soften it, but it's not that bad at all. Just don't use too much.
SilverSabre25 03:03 PM 03-07-2014
Yep, I do it sometimes. Haven't since I ran out of coconut oil and haven't gotten more. But 1 TB, swish for 20 minutes, spit into trash. I prefer in the morning but like my sleep so often end up doing it in the evening. Have knocked out a few colds and brewing illnesses by doing it even just once. And when I was in the habit of it a few times a week for awhile, my teeth were DEFINITELY less sensitive and always had that "fresh from the dentist" feel!!
grateday 06:38 PM 03-09-2014
Sounds like a great idea. Oil pulling. Thank you.
Jack Sprat 11:41 AM 03-31-2014
I tired it 3x. How do you not swallow any of it? I have ended up each time swallowing a bit. The longest I have done it is 5 minutes. I am going to keep on trying but, the whole swallowing thing is getting me.
butterfly 11:47 AM 03-31-2014
I tired it 3x. How do you not swallow any of it? I have ended up each time swallowing a bit. The longest I have done it is 5 minutes. I am going to keep on trying but, the whole swallowing thing is getting me.
maybe try just a bit less oil until you get the routine down (and the not swallowing..)
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 03-31-2014
I tried too but honestly until there is more evidence that it is actually beneficial, I am never doing it again. (ew!)
Country Kids 07:50 AM 04-01-2014
We oil pull!!!!

It has been done for years but catching on again.
mema 10:42 AM 04-01-2014
I've been trying to convince myself to try it, but have yet to succeed. I saw someone doing it and just watching them I was gagging. I gag when I use mouthwash or brush my back teeth. I don't think I'll ever be able too.
Country Kids 11:29 AM 04-01-2014
With oil pulling we are talking 1/2 an hour for me.

I floss my teeth several times, brush my teeth (5 min), then oil pull.

In the morning its only about a 10 min ordeal-floss, brush, floss, rinse with mouthwash for seveal minutes.

I'm a big gagger-couldn't even take birth controll pills (did the depro shot easier) and will usually try to ride a headache out so I don't have to take pills. Don't gag at all oil pulling.
Jack Sprat 12:19 PM 04-03-2014
I will try a smaller amount. The taste/texture doesn't bother me much.
NeedaVaca 04:07 PM 04-04-2014
I gagged the second I put it in my mouth! I was determined so I waited about 15 minutes, tried again and the same thing happened Still determined... waited a bit and 3rd try I was able to go a whole 4 minutes lol. I'm not giving up, will try again this weekend lol
Scout 06:57 PM 04-14-2014
I want to start! My teeth and gums are horrible! I always have cavities since I was a kid and I have pretty good oral habits! I thought oil pulling might help!
Tags:healthy, natural remedies, oil pulling
Reply Up