Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>I Said No Way But
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:17 AM 08-25-2015
I did family style today. It went really well but I didn't have any of my babies here. But, I think I will try it for a while. Picture are on fb (MrsSteinelsHouse) I want to eventually move them to real plates and glasses. But I love the divided plates especially for those kids who don't want anything to touch and they know the portions of what goes where.
littletots 10:35 AM 08-25-2015
Kids really like it. I have to talk parents into doing it overweek. Glad it went well!
Blackcat31 11:13 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
Kids really like it. I have to talk parents into doing it overweek. Glad it went well!
You have to talk your parents into eating family style at home as a family?
Angelsj 12:57 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You have to talk your parents into eating family style at home as a family?
I know it seems weird, but we don't either. With eight kids growing up, there just wasn't room on the table for all of us and all the food, so we either served the kids, or as they got older, served things buffet style in the kitchen and take your plates to the table.
Blackcat31 01:02 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
I know it seems weird, but we don't either. With eight kids growing up, there just wasn't room on the table for all of us and all the food, so we either served the kids, or as they got older, served things buffet style in the kitchen and take your plates to the table.
...to me that is family style too.... you are all at the table eating.

Not the coffee table or a TV tray in front of the TV or the backseat while on the way somewhere.

Eating at the same table at the same time as a family. I guess I am still in the mindset that, that IS the most common method of eating.... I have a few families that eat on the go or in front of the TV but for the most part dinner time in my area still means everyone eating at the same time. Regardless of who dished up your plate.
Angelsj 01:07 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
...to me that is family style too.... you are all at the table eating.

Not the coffee table or a TV tray in front of the TV or the backseat while on the way somewhere.

Eating at the same table at the same time as a family. I guess I am still in the mindset that, that IS the most common method of eating.... I have a few families that eat on the go or in front of the TV but for the most part dinner time in my area still means everyone eating at the same time. Regardless of who dished up your plate.
Ahhh, yes, we always eat together as a family. Usually at home.

I was thinking letting the kids dish up food from bowls on the table as family style. Between my eight and all the dcks that have been around during the years, it was just too much effort and not enough table space.
Reply Up