Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Too Passive Aggressive?
AfterSchoolMom 02:20 PM 11-22-2011
I'm thinking of writing a message to the family that was a no-call, no-show for their interview today that just says "I'm assuming that you picked someone else since you never showed up or called. Best of luck to you" (in a more polite way than that, though). What do you think?

It would make me feel better but I don't know if they'd get the point or care.

How do you handle it when this happens? Just forget it and move on, or contact them?
Blackcat31 02:48 PM 11-22-2011
I forget it and move on....their loss.

I do not refrain from letting fellow providers know that I was stood up however.
AnneCordelia 02:54 PM 11-22-2011
I do the same as Blackcat. I don't contact them but I do let my provider-friends know.

It would be really satisfying to say something but I figure the less said the better. I don't need to dig up drama with parents who aren't even contracted. LOL.
wdmmom 03:21 PM 11-22-2011
When I schedule an interview, I confirm in writing. I specifically state that no call/no shows will disqualify them from receiving services now and in the future. I don't mess with rude people like that!
Christian Mother 03:28 PM 11-22-2011
When I advertise I don't give a email only a phone number and I make sure I have all their contact inform. also. I am like others here where I do not give my address unless it is an hr before interview time. If I don't get that call I go about my day as usual and I don't worry to much about it. I wouldn't call them. Let them call you and explain...if you felt like you had a good connection on the phone they should call you back to explain. Hopefully that happens soon here.
baybbuttrkup302 04:30 PM 11-22-2011
I keep a binder of all contacts I've ever had in regards to advertising for space. I have the binder tabbed also for, currently talking to/waiting for replay, NOs/No Call No Shows and other who I'm unsure about until further talking to. This way I know who I talked to when, if we interviewed and other notes I take when I listen to parents and what they say. That way I'm not obligated to remember every single things, especially when they're not contracted for me to give them that much unpaid time.
AfterSchoolMom 04:42 PM 11-22-2011
I don't give out my address until they contact me the day before the interview to confirm. I figured I'd be safe this time!
Tags:aggressive behavior, passive aggressive
Reply Up