Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Sound Stupid?
Francine 05:28 PM 04-02-2010
I have my license and my ad is in the paper!!! Last night I made the finishing touches ( for now anyway) on my handbook so that I could send it to work today with my husband so that he could make me copies. He read it over and decided that I needed to make a change so he didn't make the copies

I am offering two different rates, one if I provide lunch and one if the parents provide lunch so for my rates sections it says

Up to 12 months: $25.00 per day ( parents provide formula or breast milk and baby food)

13 Months to 5 years: $25.00 per day ( parents provide lunch)
$28.99 per day ( lunch provided)

So my husband thinks that saying parents provide breast milk sounds stupid, is it a guy thing? Or does it sound stupid.

I have learned over the years that people need everything to be spelled out for them, you can't take it for granted that people understand. I think I rewrote my hand book the last time around every 6 months because something that I thought was common sense obviously wasn't to everybody.
Childminder 05:37 PM 04-02-2010
In the food program it uses the term parent provided breast milk or formula. I see no problem at all. 'Breast Milk or Iron Fortified Infant Formula'
misol 07:52 PM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
I have my license and my ad is in the paper!!! Last night I made the finishing touches ( for now anyway) on my handbook so that I could send it to work today with my husband so that he could make me copies. He read it over and decided that I needed to make a change so he didn't make the copies

I am offering two different rates, one if I provide lunch and one if the parents provide lunch so for my rates sections it says

Up to 12 months: $25.00 per day ( parents provide formula or breast milk and baby food)

13 Months to 5 years: $25.00 per day ( parents provide lunch)
$28.99 per day ( lunch provided)

So my husband thinks that saying parents provide breast milk sounds stupid, is it a guy thing? Or does it sound stupid.

I have learned over the years that people need everything to be spelled out for them, you can't take it for granted that people understand. I think I rewrote my hand book the last time around every 6 months because something that I thought was common sense obviously wasn't to everybody.
I don't think it sounds stupid either. If you take it out, it would be just your luck that you get a parent that expects YOU to supply the breast milk
Francine 11:23 PM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
I don't think it sounds stupid either. If you take it out, it would be just your luck that you get a parent that expects YOU to supply the breast milk
I was thinking that if I didn't put it in people would be saying " I have to bring forumla? But what if I'm breastfeeding?" DUH
emosks 05:26 AM 04-03-2010
Not stupid at all. You have to spell it all out for them!! Good luck!
Former Teacher 05:57 AM 04-03-2010
I agree...you have to spell it out to the parents because they will ALWAYS find a way to change something to fit their needs!

Once I had a parent complain to me that her 15 month old baby was just always starving whenever she picked him up. She wanted to know if the caregiver feeds him in the afternoon. I had to explain to her that since the baby was over a year he was on the center's schedule. This meant that snack time was served at 2:30 (he was always picked up after 6:00 - he was one of those 12 hour kids when mom would be home after 4!)

Anyway she asked if we could serve him something else around 5ish because he was SOO hungry. That made me mad because again her she was at home. I said no because when children are in the infant we go around their schedule (she never complained when he was in the infant room). I told her once he moved out the children go around our schedule. Besides that's not really fair that So and So would get extra food and the others didn't.

Long story short she came in one particular morning demanding to know what So and So ate for snack because when she picked him up once again he was starving. I showed her the caregivers log book. The caregiver wrote down in the book COOKIE. Mom was furious! She was so mad and yelling saying...oh no wonder he is always hungry if he only A COOKIE!!! I told her to calm down. The caregiver probably just wrote that because as she could tell..the others had COOKIE written. I said very sweetly..that since snack was at 2:30 and she got home at 4:00..maybe she could move her dinnertime up some so So and So won't be "starving" for her. She agreed. It lasted about a week or so and then she was back to picking him after 6. Funny thing was...she never complained again that he was starving
safechner 09:01 PM 04-03-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
I agree...you have to spell it out to the parents because they will ALWAYS find a way to change something to fit their needs!

Once I had a parent complain to me that her 15 month old baby was just always starving whenever she picked him up. She wanted to know if the caregiver feeds him in the afternoon. I had to explain to her that since the baby was over a year he was on the center's schedule. This meant that snack time was served at 2:30 (he was always picked up after 6:00 - he was one of those 12 hour kids when mom would be home after 4!)

Anyway she asked if we could serve him something else around 5ish because he was SOO hungry. That made me mad because again her she was at home. I said no because when children are in the infant we go around their schedule (she never complained when he was in the infant room). I told her once he moved out the children go around our schedule. Besides that's not really fair that So and So would get extra food and the others didn't.

Long story short she came in one particular morning demanding to know what So and So ate for snack because when she picked him up once again he was starving. I showed her the caregivers log book. The caregiver wrote down in the book COOKIE. Mom was furious! She was so mad and yelling saying...oh no wonder he is always hungry if he only A COOKIE!!! I told her to calm down. The caregiver probably just wrote that because as she could tell..the others had COOKIE written. I said very sweetly..that since snack was at 2:30 and she got home at 4:00..maybe she could move her dinnertime up some so So and So won't be "starving" for her. She agreed. It lasted about a week or so and then she was back to picking him after 6. Funny thing was...she never complained again that he was starving
That was funny! It was not your fault since mom picked him up real late. It is normal for him to be starving because it is dinner time (after 6pm). Maybe she dont make the dinner, who knows!
originalkat 08:37 PM 04-05-2010
I dont think it sounds stupid either. But I would make it an even $29.00 instead of $28.99. Are you going to give them a penny back in change??
Francine 03:17 AM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I dont think it sounds stupid either. But I would make it an even $29.00 instead of $28.99. Are you going to give them a penny back in change??
It's 28.00, I have no idea how that 28.99 got in there I didn't even notice that until you said something. Others must have been thinking it but didn't want to say anything LOL
originalkat 05:33 AM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
It's 28.00, I have no idea how that 28.99 got in there I didn't even notice that until you said something. Others must have been thinking it but didn't want to say anything LOL
That is funny Miss Joy!!
Tags:breast milk, food program, formula
Reply Up