Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare

Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare Daycare.com Forum does not allow for advertising but if you are a member trying to Buy, Sell, or Lease a facility, we encourage you to use this thread. (Admin reserves the right to remove any post deemed unworthy)

Old 04-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default How to Find a Suitable Building?

Hello, everyone. I'm new to register, though I have been lurking (and reading discussions) for a few years now. I've all but exhausted all my resources, so I've turned to you all for help.

How did you actually find a suitable building to open a daycare? Most of the ones in my area (I live in Ohio) are in building that once were churches. I cannot find any stand alone buildings or even suitable space within another building for that matter. Any suggestions?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried a real estate agency?
Old 04-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

I haven't enlisted the help of an agent. I have browsed practically all of the websites. I'm open to buying or leasing. Would an agent be able to better help in this situation?
Old 04-09-2018, 07:10 AM

I would contact your local Child Care Aware agency and see if you can network with them. They offer resources for providers in regards to choosing/finding a place for your child care business.

http://www.childcareaware.org/provid...ng-a-location/
Old 04-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Ok, that is definitely something worth looking into. I did locate on building on my own, I'm just not 100% sure how suitable it is for opening a center.

I don't really have time to look at things because I am currently a daycare teacher. I work 8:30-4:30. And I work 1.5 hours away from where I want to open my center, so by the time I'm off, there's no time to really call anyone or look at anything.

Tags
buying a daycare