Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Daycare Insurance
sahm1225 01:20 PM 11-15-2018
I just looked at my daycare insurance policy and itvsays it excludes accusations of abuse or molestation. That wasn’t on there before but when I emailed the agent. They said that’s typical for daycare insurance since we work with kids. That just doesn’t make sense to me!
MarinaVanessa 09:13 AM 11-16-2018
Most are like this. But the reality is that this is the MAIN reason why providers need insurance. Doesn't make sense to me ONLY to pay an insurance just to be covered in case someone falls or injures themselves. Even then if a child injures themselves and the parent files a claim saying it was lack of supervision etc it can quickly turn into negligence and most won't cover that either.

I had an issue years ago when a school ager walked out of my home, DCI wouldn't cover the attorney fees while I went through my appeal.
The parents didn't even file the claim, I self-reported (like I was supposed to) and licensing tried to take my license away.
sahm1225 01:57 PM 11-16-2018
It’s $108/ more a year to cover for $50,000 per occurance and $100,000 aggregate. Not sure what aggregate means.
sahm1225 01:58 PM 11-16-2018
I’m hoping someone else chimes in with what their insurance covers and who they use. I’m so frustrated that I didn’t check when I renewed
Michael 05:44 PM 11-16-2018
I can relate in regards to my home insurance. I pay a lot for it but it doesn’t cover damages from an earthquake even though I live in California. It’s an extra added policy. I don’t think most people realize how the insurance companies are reducing coverage in order to make it appear rate premiums are not rising so quickly.
lovemykidstoo 07:17 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
It’s $108/ more a year to cover for $50,000 per occurance and $100,000 aggregate. Not sure what aggregate means.
I think it means if you have 3 kids (or parents) sue you than it's up to $50,000 each, but only a total of $100,000. So if 3 families sue you and 2 get $50,000 you'd have to pay the third family.
Daycare Insurance 10:31 AM 02-04-2019
I know this post is a couple of months old, but I'm just now seeing it. Coverage that specifically covers daycares will typically have an abuse and molestation exclusion, but then there will be a separate endorsement that adds that coverage back in. The reason for this is that there is usually a separate limit for abuse coverage. If you don't have that endorsement with your current policy, you'll definitely want to look for other coverage.
Michael 11:32 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance:
I know this post is a couple of months old, but I'm just now seeing it. Coverage that specifically covers daycares will typically have an abuse and molestation exclusion, but then there will be a separate endorsement that adds that coverage back in. The reason for this is that there is usually a separate limit for abuse coverage. If you don't have that endorsement with your current policy, you'll definitely want to look for other coverage.
Thanks for your input.
Tags:liability insurance
Reply Up