Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! DCB Doesn't Like It Here.....
WBee 06:39 AM 12-11-2018
So, I have a former post "spoiled or anxiety" where I noted that (the grandson of a friend of mine) DCB was throwing up at every drop off here (2x wk). After many conversations, remedies, I insisted on his Dr. recommending a therapist. Done. We've now controlled the vomiting/anxiety but now he says he doesn't like it here, is acting "fresh" toward me and insists on leaving. "Doesn't like me, anyone else here", etc. Today is his birthday. I hung a sign on the door and planned a special snack however, I have now cancelled this plan as I feel the disrespect toward all here is undeserving of anything special. He has put on his shoes/jacket and is ready to leave. Mom is p/u at noon. It's 9:30 now. Any suggestions? I've explained to him that any other school will have many more children and I feel he is better here with my 6 per day. I am now thinking of having Mom interview elsewhere just to see where he would feel comfortable. Am I wrong?
Blackcat31 06:55 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by WBee:
So, I have a former post "spoiled or anxiety" where I noted that (the grandson of a friend of mine) DCB was throwing up at every drop off here (2x wk). After many conversations, remedies, I insisted on his Dr. recommending a therapist. Done. We've now controlled the vomiting/anxiety but now he says he doesn't like it here, is acting "fresh" toward me and insists on leaving. "Doesn't like me, anyone else here", etc. Today is his birthday. I hung a sign on the door and planned a special snack however, I have now cancelled this plan as I feel the disrespect toward all here is undeserving of anything special. He has put on his shoes/jacket and is ready to leave. Mom is p/u at noon. It's 9:30 now. Any suggestions? I've explained to him that any other school will have many more children and I feel he is better here with my 6 per day. I am now thinking of having Mom interview elsewhere just to see where he would feel comfortable. Am I wrong?
No I don't think you are wrong.

I do think this child must be the boss of his world.
It's sad when you have kids like that.

I would not allow him to be the boss in my house.
He would follow the rules like everyone else or I would call for pick up.
If he throws up or has a fit just to go home, I'd let him. Basically, I refuse to fix issues parents created.

It's unfair to you and the other children present.

I would not allow him to wear his jacket and wait.
He can sit and refuse to participate if he wishes but his coat stays in the cubby until it's time to put it on and go home.
WBee 07:06 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

If he throws up or has a fit just to go home, I'd let him. Basically, I refuse to fix issues parents created.

He can sit and refuse to participate if he wishes but his coat stays in the cubby until it's time to put it on and go home.

Funny, I did make him take the coat off. He IS the boss of his world, especially Mom. I told him he is going to have a long morning sitting there but that is fine. No one wants to hear him cry anymore and I'm no longer giving attn. to it at all. When I told him this , that is when he said he doesn't like any of us here and threw a crying fit. I just finished writing Mom a "interview at a new school" note. I have a feeling that when he sees a bunch of kids elsewhere, he may want to stay here and may just have a different attitude. Of course, I could be wrong but I don't want a miserable child here. Especially one who thinks he calls all the shots. Thanks Blackcat!
Ariana 07:52 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

All of this! Zero attention for any of this behavior.
hwichlaz 08:49 AM 12-11-2018
I had one like this..I made him clean up his own vomit. That cured it.
Ariana 08:51 AM 12-11-2018
I should add I also termed the cryer at the door too! One day we were all in the basement about to let our butterflies go and all we could hear is this kid wailing up at the door refusing to come down. He was ruining it for everyone. I called mom to pick up after 45 minutes nonstop crying (they didn’t believe she cried for that long) and termed at the door. I was soooooo done! Dealt with this for 7 months.
LostMyMarbles 12:18 PM 12-17-2018
Bye Felicia!
Tags:behavior - effecting others, blackcat
Reply Up