Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Was My First Time And I Had 3
daycare 01:29 PM 10-27-2015
So today was my very first QRIS FCCERS observation and I had 3 lovely ladies that interrogated my whole home for almost 4.5 hours.

is this normal to have 3 of them ?
DaveA 02:16 PM 10-27-2015
I don't know if it's normal, but it is reason #5379 I want nothing to do with QRIS.

Good Luck!
Crystal 02:45 PM 10-27-2015
As an assessor, I have known there to be 2, but not 3. It could have been that 1 or 2 was in training. The reason for more than one is so that there is a consensus on scoring, meaning they have to agree to a firm score before assigning it to you on each element of the FCCERS.

4.5 hours is a long time.....generally 3 at the most.
Crystal 02:46 PM 10-27-2015
When you say your "whole home" do you mean only child-care areas, or other portions of the home that are off-limits to children? They should not be observing areas of the home that are never used for child care.
Cat Herder 02:49 PM 10-27-2015
I don't know if it is normal, but I had two for well over 4 hours as well.

NOTHING ran like it would had they not been there. A COMPLETELY inaccurate representation of our routine.

If it does not become mandatory before my next round, I am opting out. Not worth the effort, IMHO.
daycare 03:09 PM 10-27-2015
lol it was pretty funny, when they were here one of the kids said I am not supposed to talk to you. My teacher said you are just a fly on the wall and to ignore you.

We all laughed so hard.

So basically my whole house is the daycare, excluding the bedrooms. I do have an office which is 100% daycare office and they were in there for an hour alone looking at my books, files and etc.

I dont know why there were 3, but they combed every inch of my daycare with a fine tooth comb. I am almost positive that they read every book and music CD I own. lol
spedmommy4 06:08 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol it was pretty funny, when they were here one of the kids said I am not supposed to talk to you. My teacher said you are just a fly on the wall and to ignore you.

We all laughed so hard.

So basically my whole house is the daycare, excluding the bedrooms. I do have an office which is 100% daycare office and they were in there for an hour alone looking at my books, files and etc.

I dont know why there were 3, but they combed every inch of my daycare with a fine tooth comb. I am almost positive that they read every book and music CD I own. lol

That seems excessive. I have used the ECERS tool before. (as a grad student) I also don't believe they should have been reviewing your files. Those are confidential. Those files are for you and licensing only.
Annalee 06:37 PM 10-28-2015

We all laughed so hard.

I had three the first time I had an assessment. (2002) but not sure they do that anymore here. Sometimes we do have 2 assessors, though, but one is usually there for a reliability check of the assessor. I will have my 15th assessment in a few months and it is mandated....NO CHOICE FOR US!
kitykids3 07:18 PM 10-29-2015
I had 2 of them the first uear but the last couple years I have had only one and yes they are here 3-4 hours watching, then leave for a half hour lunch, come back and spend another 2-3 hours on paperwork.
Josiegirl 08:04 AM 10-31-2015
So today was my very first QRIS FCCERS observation and I had 3 lovely ladies that interrogated my whole home for almost 4.5 hours.

is this normal to have 3 of them ?
Did they let you know right away how you did or is it a waiting game? And how well do you have to score? Is there a chance they'd be able to shut a person down or is it all basically to help a provider improve their program? (see how intimidated this all makes me? I just picture them coming in and taking my job away )
Tags:qris
Reply Up