Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Scholastic Books
Leigh 10:23 AM 01-23-2014
I'm going to register for the Scholastic book program, but before I do, I thought I'd ask if anyone wants to "refer" me, so that they can earn points (not sure if they still do this).
Blackcat31 10:37 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'm going to register for the Scholastic book program, but before I do, I thought I'd ask if anyone wants to "refer" me, so that they can earn points (not sure if they still do this).
Me! Me! Me!

I will PM you my customer number if some one hasn't beat me to it
Leigh 10:38 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me! Me! Me!

I will PM you my customer number if some one hasn't beat me to it
Thanks, I'll use yours.
crazydaycarelady 12:47 PM 01-23-2014
I would like to be referred too Blackcat! Thanks!
Blackcat31 12:50 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I would like to be referred too Blackcat! Thanks!
You are wanting to join Scholastic book clubs?

I gave Leigh my customer number because when you join, they usually ask you if anyone referred you and if they do...you get bonus points for basically getting Scholastic a new customer.

If you are looking to join, I will PM you my info.
Christina72684 02:05 PM 01-23-2014
Does it cost anything to join? Is it really a good program? I bought the books when I was a kid in school but never have done anything with it from this side of the company.
Blackcat31 03:10 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Does it cost anything to join? Is it really a good program? I bought the books when I was a kid in school but never have done anything with it from this side of the company.
Nope. No cost. Just call them up and tell them what age groups you have and you will receive monthly flyers for kids to order books.

Every $ a family (or you) spends on books earns you points that you can spend on books and other classroom materials.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scholastic and have been participating for years now!

http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/
crazydaycarelady 06:43 PM 01-23-2014
Yes, I would like to join.
GrannyJ 06:51 PM 01-23-2014
Can anyone give me advise on how to get parents to order books. In the past I have never had a problem but this group of parents won't order.
I hand out the flyers to each parent with a letter when it is due. I go over the flyers here with the kids so they will go home and ask parents for the books. Still no orders. I gave out the $5 coupon at Christmas no one used it. I write a reminder on the sign out log but still no orders. Yet, they all expect me to read to the little ones and I have sa that needs reading books. I don't know what else to do, I already feel pushy!
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:38 AM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by GrannyJ:
Can anyone give me advise on how to get parents to order books. In the past I have never had a problem but this group of parents won't order.
I hand out the flyers to each parent with a letter when it is due. I go over the flyers here with the kids so they will go home and ask parents for the books. Still no orders. I gave out the $5 coupon at Christmas no one used it. I write a reminder on the sign out log but still no orders. Yet, they all expect me to read to the little ones and I have sa that needs reading books. I don't know what else to do, I already feel pushy!
I admit I am shameless about this, but all of my DCKs LOVE to be read to (of course), and Scholastic books are a great value, so I have no qualms about it! I would rather they order 5 paperback books than buy one expensive hardbound at the store, and then I get something new with the points for their child to use at daycare, too. Win-win! Ok, here's what I do:

1. Like you, we go over the flyers together, and I have each child circle 3 or 4 books that they like. Not more than that, though.

2. I send a little note with the flyer, too, mostly copied off what Scholastic gives us in the teacher part. Here's the one I used last month:

Happy 2014! I am pleased to send home the January Scholastic Reading Club book orders today. It is chock full of brand-new, award-winning, kid-pleasing books. The $1 special, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie,” is an absolute favorite around here! As a bonus, Scholastic is sending along a free bracelet with each student order, and if our class total is over $50, we get more “free book” coupons for February’s order like the one here. Payment and forms (checks payable to XX to expedite processing) or online orders at scholastic.
com/readingclub are due by Monday, January 13th.

3. I send out update e-mails, a reminder the day before they are due, and then again when they are on the way, and then when they get here. All very excited!

4. Then, we make a huge deal when the "RED BOX" gets here, separating the kids' books out, and they are so happy that come next month, they are begging to get a new book from the "red box" again.

Basically, I guess I guilt the DCPs into ordering through their kids. My letter often says something about how important emergent literacy is, but in non-provider language.
Christina72684 12:18 PM 01-27-2014
I am signing up if anyone wants me to use them. Also, once I sign up do they automatically send the order forms?
MarinaVanessa 01:01 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I am signing up if anyone wants me to use them. Also, once I sign up do they automatically send the order forms?
You can use me !!!

I don't ever remember ordering ordering forms so they must just send them based on the ages that I put down. I'll PM you my class code.
Stepping 05:21 PM 01-27-2014
I'm interested in this too. I spend way too much on books!
Tags:scholastic
Reply Up